U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 07:27 PM

8,171 posts, read 13,645,962 times

Advertisements

I don't have any problem with either place, but Murray, being a college town, has a little bit more to do.
It's amazing how a thread can jump 3 years. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 08:32 PM

180 posts, read 549,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I don't have any problem with either place, but Murray, being a college town, has a little bit more to do.
It's amazing how a thread can jump 3 years. lol

DANG! I didn't pay any attention to that. Now that you mention it, I suppose it really doesn't matter now. LOL!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 06:13 AM

24,875 posts, read 21,835,793 times
I wouldn't move to Hopkinsville. There isn't much to do for young adults, and I wouldn't send my kids to any of the schools in the area.

Murray, I'm not to familiar with living there, but I have visited several times. Seems to be a quiet town, college town maybe.

If I had to choose, Murray would be my choice.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:19 PM

1,743 posts, read 4,144,661 times
I used to live in Murray... wonderful town!

Big city people might find it a little dull, but I had lots of fun there myself. They have the big Walmart now, and plenty of restuarants to keep you from starving. It is a college town, so traffic is a bit crazy, but that is part of the fun I suppose. It is a great place to take long walks all you want. I was never scared for my safety in Murray. The people are friendly and it is just a fun atmosphere.

The climate was pretty mild, yea it got pretty hot in the summer, but the winters were easy to manage. One drawback is/was? I don't think you can buy packaged alcohol in Calloway county. You will either have to drive to Tennessee or Paducah (KY) to get your booze.

I went to college there many years ago, I love to go back and visit, I'd love to go back and stay.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:51 PM

3,790 posts, read 8,004,853 times
I think this says ALOT about Hopkinsville. And not in a good way.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:43 AM

1,833 posts, read 5,979,829 times
I lived in Hopkinsville 13 years I wouldn't recommend it really awful schools, I now live about 10 miles from Murray and while it's not my favorite town it's head and shoulders above Hopkinsville. Don't get me worng there are a lot of really nice people in Hopkinsville but there is a lot a lot of crime.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:35 PM

24,875 posts, read 21,835,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I think this says ALOT about Hopkinsville. And not in a good way.
ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:48 AM

5 posts, read 10,273 times
I do get how minorities equals more crime? I guess it's because the majority of the majority's crimes are just swept under the rug, and are never mentioned again!

Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 PM

10 posts, read 15,616 times
Murray or Paducah are hidden gems within the state of Kentucky. Murray has all the resources that come with a college town. Paducah has excellent medical facilities, really good schools, and plenty of shopping.

I live in Paducah. It took awhile to get used to, but now I feel very comfortable. If you want to find an excuse not to like it you will accomplish that I am sure. However, if you give it a chance you will find it is a really nice place to raise a family, or retire. The cost of living is low. The crime rate is not high. There are plenty of strong churches. The downtown is being revitalized, and the art district is cool. Paducah may not be for everyone, but for those looking for a small town community with big city features, it's just right. [url=http://www.paducah.travel/]Paducah Convention & Visitors Bureau[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky