Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:13 AM

58 posts, read 216,221 times

Advertisements

Praise the Lord today is a new day. The people have spoken and change has come. We have much work to do to stop white collar crime that has become like a disease in this great land. With our new president now a chance for civil rights to be given back to us. Yes all the way down to us and our fraudulent builder.
I told you that God would take care of this and boy has he! The WORLD stopped to watch as America proved herself again to be the land of hope and dreams full of a people who strive to be better. How awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 05:15 PM

Well I have to go back to work and yes I have to sign a binding mandatory arbitration agreement BUT, I will not sell any new homes that include this clause. After 8 years we really need out of this house so I have to go forth and make some cash. It will be like being stabbed to sign this but for my kids I must just bare it and DO IT! But I am still very active in bringing change to arbitration. I understand that business must protect itself from people out looking for a buck, but when your the consumer that has been HADD.COM it is TOTALLY UNFAIR and is theft. Robbed of life as you know of and dreams crushed. Not to mention inheritances lost and land destroyed. My children are who have felt the greatest impact as legal and expert witnesses get paid 100's an hour so no vacations, no family fun.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:27 PM

13 posts, read 57,932 times
my hubby is a self employed cabinetmaker since the late 80's. we live here in elizabethtown, ky. but his shop is in campbellsiville, kentucky.

email me for more info if you or anyone is interested. he does high quality work!
~Norma

Old 11-17-2009, 05:41 AM

meeting with Boone County Building Inspector today with regard to our defective house. we will see.......

Old 12-19-2009, 07:42 PM

Default When your builder sends you to get the permit>>>

Buyer Beware: When your builder sends you out to get the building permit you have to sign for the permit and guess what??? You have then made yourself liable for the crap they build. Then the county can come after only you........Just as equallly a rip just like the arbitration clauses.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:17 PM

23 posts, read 54,633 times
To address your original question: Flimsy new construction is unfortunately the norm throughout the country and Lexington is no exception. I see nothing below $200k built in an area at risk of becoming a rental-burgh before the development is even finished. To top the lot sizes are nothing like the 60s or 70s. The Lexington most people desire went away, at the latest, 25 or so years ago. City leaders should have been careful wahat they asked for. Now it's all out of hand and there will be no return to the atmosphere the town once had.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:40 PM

969 posts, read 2,820,114 times
PLEASE.............Can we just let this thread die? It has kept popping up for over 2 years. The original poster should just turn this into a blog or a reality show :-)

Old 01-01-2010, 07:32 AM

58 posts, read 108,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
PLEASE.............Can we just let this thread die? It has kept popping up for over 2 years. The original poster should just turn this into a blog or a reality show :-)
Sorry, but my 2 cents, I hope this thread doesn't die. Yes it has gotten away from the OP but I want to hear about these problems. There was another post from a woman about Ball and that thread disappered. The wife and I are considering on moving back to the Louisville area within 18 months and we will be homeowners. But I don't like what I am reading or hearing about real estate in Louisville. Small houses, shoddy contractors, bad neighborhoods...What the heck is going on down there?

Old 01-04-2010, 07:21 AM

969 posts, read 2,820,114 times
I don't know anything about Lousiville. I have a construction background/education, have been on dozens of home inspections, and been in thousands of homes. It is very rare to have a problem as big as the OP of this thread. (BTW, I only want this thread to disappear b/c it has turned into a status update spanning 2 years.......that is what a blog is for. It has nothing to do with the topic or this person's experience.)

IF you do move back here, find a good Louisville agent and home inspector.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:53 PM

58 posts, read 108,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXpert View Post
IF you do move back here, find a good Louisville agent and home inspector.
Trust me, I am. We'll be coming down in the spring to start checking things out. I just have to shovel my way out first. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky