Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2007, 08:07 PM

23 posts, read 103,308 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have info on apartments, homes or condos for rent on a short term lease between Harrodsburg & Versailles? I just took a new job in Harrodsburg and my wife is looking in Lexington for a job in science & research. We'll need a short term place to stay before we can be in a position to buy a house in the area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 12:41 PM

I found these on the Woodford Co. chamber of commerce. Does anyone have any feedback about these?

Cottages of South Hill & Rose Hill Townhouses
190 N. Main Street
Versailles, KY 40383
Matt Matthews
859-879-6081

Gallery Suites of Midway
121B East Main Street
Midway, KY 40347
859 873-7831le

Midway School Apartments
Betsy Bass . . . . . .859-846-4949
510 S. Winter Street
Midway, KY 40347

Settler's Cove Apartments
Paul Settle . . . . . . . . . . .859-873-1263
Spring Run Road
Versailles, KY 40383

Old 05-18-2007, 07:16 PM

688 posts, read 3,037,894 times
Although I've never been inside, I've passed the Midway School apartments many times. It is a renovated, historic school building (maybe an old dorm? - I forget) - probably three or four floors tall, right on the edge of town in Midway. Midway is a lovely little town, and the apartments are located right on an official scenic byway just as the horse farms begin. It is outside of Versailles, though - have you located Midway on a map to see if the drive is ok?

Old 05-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Actually, after checking where Midway is, that is too far to drive. That takes out two of the options.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:45 PM

283 posts, read 1,025,830 times
I'm assuming your wife will eventually be working in Lexington... are you sure you want a rental to be in the Versailles or Midway area? I would think Nicholasville would be a closer mid-way point for both of you.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic-epi View Post
I'm assuming your wife will eventually be working in Lexington... are you sure you want a rental to be in the Versailles or Midway area? I would think Nicholasville would be a closer mid-way point for both of you.
I'm not against Nicholasville, it just didn't look like there was a good way to get to Harrodsburg from there. Can anyone confirm that route and what our options are? I know Nicholasville would have WAY more rental property. We appreciate the suggestions everyone. Thanks!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:07 PM

283 posts, read 1,025,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
I'm not against Nicholasville, it just didn't look like there was a good way to get to Harrodsburg from there. Can anyone confirm that route and what our options are? I know Nicholasville would have WAY more rental property. We appreciate the suggestions everyone. Thanks!
Versailles looked too far by map, but you definitely need locals to help out on this one. Sounds like you will be in Harrodsburg and your wife might well be in Lexington. But she might possibly be in Frankfort?

Old 05-18-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic-epi View Post
Versailles looked too far by map, but you definitely need locals to help out on this one. Sounds like you will be in Harrodsburg and your wife might well be in Lexington. But she might possibly be in Frankfort?
Possibly? She hasn't looked there yet, but maybe we should?

Old 05-19-2007, 08:18 PM

Can anyone tell me how the drive from Harrodsburg to Nicholasville would be? How would you? We've driven 68 to Nicholasville and I'm not to crazy about driving it everyday. I'm having trouble finding apartments in Nicholasville also-everything is coming up as Lexington. Suggestions?

Old 05-21-2007, 10:49 AM

329 posts, read 1,099,135 times
68 to Nicholasville is about the only way I know how to commute from the two. It isn't a bad commute, but the traffic from Lexington to Nicholasville is a real beast during peak commuting hours. (Nicholasville Road is very conjested during those times). It's not an impossible commute, just a lot more traffic in morning and evening is all. Definitely do-able, just not favorable IMHO.

BTW.. Frankfort isn't a bad commute from Harrodsburg either.. a lot of state jobs there as well and much smaller than Lex., although I read on here the morning and evening traffic can get a little hairy there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky