Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:44 PM

528 posts, read 2,481,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovintexas View Post
It's in Bourbon County, near Paris. I wouldn't live anywhere near there if you paid me. So, it has to suck.

what a charming comment....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 05:20 PM

153 posts, read 937,455 times
Quote:
It's in Bourbon County, near Paris. I wouldn't live anywhere near there if you paid me. So, it has to suck.
Thanks for that helpful comment. Let me guess, you just got out of school recently and have a lot of time on your hands?

Old 06-01-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Toria, glad you enjoyed your tour of Claibourne, isn't that old farm awesome?
It's the oldest active thoroughbred operation in the nation. Those names bring back some good memories, my wife's cousin ( Bill Shoemaker) (The Shoe as the other jockeys nicknamed him) got me interested in horse racing many years ago. Race horses are one of my passions..LOL.. My wife and I are thinking of selling our place here in TN and moving to KY, and Bourbon County is a possibility. We both really like that area a lot, so who knows we may just end up there..lol..

wow, that's a great family connection....he was sure one of the greatest (I'm a "closet" race fan).
So, what do you think.....Curlin or Hard Spun next weekend?

Old 06-02-2007, 05:58 AM

I've got another quick question. I was told by someone when I mentioned that I may move there, that it's a little "backwards".

Is this true? Are there certain areas of the town I should avoid? I just want a place that has pretty scenery and is middle to upper middle class. (not counting the horse farms of course)

I won't be able to actually see the house or area until I go down to close, which is freaking me out a little. I need someone to tell me that it's not some backwards kicksville town. Please.

I was all excited because it sounded like such a nice place being surrounded by farms and such, but now I'm unsure.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAddict View Post
I've got another quick question. I was told by someone when I mentioned that I may move there, that it's a little "backwards".

Is this true? Are there certain areas of the town I should avoid? I just want a place that has pretty scenery and is middle to upper middle class. (not counting the horse farms of course)

I won't be able to actually see the house or area until I go down to close, which is freaking me out a little. I need someone to tell me that it's not some backwards kicksville town. Please.

I was all excited because it sounded like such a nice place being surrounded by farms and such, but now I'm unsure.

you're buy a property without even having seen it?

in any event, I'm driving through Paris today on my way to Lexington, so I will take a detour and go into North Middletown. I'm leaving in a hour or so, so if you want me to look at anything specifically, let me know quick! I'll take my camera and see if I can get some photos of the area for you.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:40 AM

Thank you! that would be amazing if you could snap some pictures. I'm particularly interested in what the area around Thatcher Mill Road looks like.

I'd love to see some pics of any shops, if there are any. I think someone mentioned that there's just a MINI mart! So who knows. Maybe some of the farms?

And since Paris is so close any chance you could snap some pics of their downtown?

And anything else you think I want to see. I know I'm asking a lot, and I will be THRILLED with whatever you can get. Thank you so much!

And yes, I'm trying to buy a house without ever having seen it. I've never even been to KY at all!

Old 06-02-2007, 12:29 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,429,855 times
Default Was that the house posted on Craigslist?

I was eyeing that house up & down. The thought of one acre of ground & no close neighbors had me drooling (can you tell I live in the city?). Congrats & good luck, CoffeeAddict!

Old 06-02-2007, 02:25 PM

CoffeeAddict, I sent you a PM....

Old 06-02-2007, 08:08 PM

Moonlight, you know the house I'm looking at? I guess there really aren't that many homes for sale there! LOL Did you actually get to see the house in person?

But there are neighbors i think, the real estate lady said there's one on both sides. The house isn't anything special, but the land looks so pretty from the pictures, it would be PERFECT for my dogs. I'm already envisioning an agility course, and some way to convert the barn into kennels for my training clients.

Toria, THANK YOU! The pictures were great, I really appreciate you taking the time to give me a little photo tour. Wow, it really is rual, huh? The farms are pretty, but the town area looks kinda run down. I'm freaking out a little now.

But honestly, anything is better than where I am now. I'm so unhappy here that I'm pretty sure I can be happy there. And if I don't like it....I guess I can always sell the house a few years later and move closer to Lexington.

I just need to get myself IN Kentucky and close to Lexington. Michigan sucks so bad it's not even funny.

Old 06-02-2007, 08:51 PM

CoffeeAddict, what is your price range (you can PM me if you want)....I could poke around a little...have a realtor/auction house right next door to me, and I know I've passed a couple for sale by owners places recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky