Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:24 AM

42 posts, read 86,400 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are currently in Wisc and spend many weekends at dirt/short tracks.

I was wondering if there are any within KY. I did a search but was not able to find much info.

A number of tracks here do not have websites or info, it is by word of mouth or that it has been around for a long time and if you are into it will know about it.

We are planning our move to KY and the Murray/Paducah area in 1-2 yrs.

One additional ?

Where should we stay away from in KY? I do not want to get into a "Deliverance" type area. Don't take that wrong and think I am saying "KY" is that, BUT every state as an area of "similar" folk to the movie.

thanks

Dave
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 12:15 PM

29 posts, read 89,016 times
I believe there is still a dirt track in Isom, Ky but that is the only one I know of because it is close to where I live.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:51 PM

871 posts, read 2,248,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nived1964 View Post
Hello,

We are currently in Wisc and spend many weekends at dirt/short tracks.

I was wondering if there are any within KY. I did a search but was not able to find much info.

A number of tracks here do not have websites or info, it is by word of mouth or that it has been around for a long time and if you are into it will know about it.

We are planning our move to KY and the Murray/Paducah area in 1-2 yrs.

One additional ?

Where should we stay away from in KY? I do not want to get into a "Deliverance" type area. Don't take that wrong and think I am saying "KY" is that, BUT every state as an area of "similar" folk to the movie.

thanks

Dave
um, every state has an area where hillbillies sexually violate visitors?

but that film was set in north georgia in the appalachian region of that state. eastern kentucky is the appalachian region of KY.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:57 PM

42 posts, read 86,400 times
I said "Similar" the back hills kind of people. We have our live off the land, leave me alone, meet you at the driveway with a shotgun kind of people here in wisc. Those are not the kind of people I want to live next to is all I was saying.

Old 02-27-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nived1964 View Post
I said "Similar" the back hills kind of people. We have our live off the land, leave me alone, meet you at the driveway with a shotgun kind of people here in wisc. Those are not the kind of people I want to live next to is all I was saying.
um, if you are trespassing youll find that anywhere. but the stereoype you are likely thinking of holds true to the appalachian region, but really could be anywhere across the state. people here own guns and will not take kindly to any type of tresspassers.

if you want to avoid "redneck" types, you have picked the wrong state unless you are interested in cincinatti suburbs.

not really sure what you are trying to avoid as you havent really articulated your concern too well.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJohnWilson View Post
um, if you are trespassing youll find that anywhere. but the stereoype you are likely thinking of holds true to the appalachian region, but really could be anywhere across the state. people here own guns and will not take kindly to any type of tresspassers.

if you want to avoid "redneck" types, you have picked the wrong state unless you are interested in cincinatti suburbs.

not really sure what you are trying to avoid as you havent really articulated your concern too well.

Excuse me? That stereotype does not hold true here in the Eastern part of the state either, You are mistaken if you think the only part of Ky that has incest type behavior is in the Eastern part!! That type of thing happens in every state across the US, it comes from a person being sick in the head not from living in a particular region of a State. Grow up!

Old 02-27-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudWildcat View Post
Excuse me? That stereotype does not hold true here in the Eastern part of the state either, You are mistaken if you think the only part of Ky that has incest type behavior is in the Eastern part!! That type of thing happens in every state across the US, it comes from a person being sick in the head not from living in a particular region of a State. Grow up!
i never mentioned incest

Old 02-28-2010, 11:28 AM

Oh, excuse me for the mistake, most people associate incest with Deliverance. Still though, the stereotype does not hold true here.

Old 02-28-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudWildcat View Post
Oh, excuse me for the mistake, most people associate incest with Deliverance. Still though, the stereotype does not hold true here.
that film certainly did not help the image of the appalachian region, that is for sure

Old 03-01-2010, 04:12 PM

True, I will admit that but you also have to take into consideration that Movies are just that, movies, based on fictional tales and characters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky