Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:18 PM

8 posts, read 15,043 times

Advertisements

yeah i cant wait, looking forward to it...and i hope the americans dont shout any racist comments about the british accent as i've experienced it before...soo annoying what difference is't make, the language i'm speaking is english not a foreign language....for your information SHANA did ur mother in law experience anything like this, like people making fun out of your accent, there's more to it, i can write an whole essay about NYC, it was me and three other mates, NYC people are extremely RUDE...didnt their parents taught them any manners? geeeez...how ignorance and disgraceful....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 01:09 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzAnonymous View Post
yeah i cant wait, looking forward to it...and i hope the americans dont shout any racist comments about the british accent as i've experienced it before...soo annoying what difference is't make, the language i'm speaking is english not a foreign language....for your information SHANA did ur mother in law experience anything like this, like people making fun out of your accent, there's more to it, i can write an whole essay about NYC, it was me and three other mates, NYC people are extremely RUDE...didnt their parents taught them any manners? geeeez...how ignorance and disgraceful....
Oh you're speaking a foreign language, you see in Kentucky ... not so much the Louisville and northern areas ... we speak southern which while a lot like English is still completely different.

Wud ya gotta comperHend iz dat id sounz diferrnt, noddatall ike'em air yankees.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,314 posts, read 8,655,857 times
MzAnonymous,
I wouldn't worry about the Gays/Lezbians in SAn Francisco, the are almost a tourist attraction. While you may see a few, they absolutley will not bother or hit on you, unless you were to go in a gay bar or something like that. S.F. has weather that I imagine would be closer to what your use to. 50 to 60f most of the year. (Sorry, don't know the celcius conversion).
It is very expensive though. But if you want to stay for college and can afford it there are some excellent Schools here.. Stanford and Cal Berkeley come to mind.
It is a city though with a huge metro area, When you get out of S.F your in Oakland or SAn Jose, so you must go lots of miles to escape from the big city enviroment...

Old 07-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
MzAnonymous,
I wouldn't worry about the Gays/Lezbians in SAn Francisco, the are almost a tourist attraction. While you may see a few, they absolutley will not bother or hit on you, unless you were to go in a gay bar or something like that. S.F. has weather that I imagine would be closer to what your use to. 50 to 60f most of the year. (Sorry, don't know the celcius conversion).
It is very expensive though. But if you want to stay for college and can afford it there are some excellent Schools here.. Stanford and Cal Berkeley come to mind.
It is a city though with a huge metro area, When you get out of S.F your in Oakland or SAn Jose, so you must go lots of miles to escape from the big city enviroment...

i absolutely love the city SF..people there are friendly, nice, kind etc. but i havent met a straight guy yes i have, few but it's rare and no i am not worried about them at all nor the money...i was just curious if the whole city is gay/lesbians..arent they any straight people out there??..is an akward situation dont you think?.....well well i think i'll turn into a lesbian, there're HOT chickz out their ama aswell just grap one lol

Old 07-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Oh you're speaking a foreign language, you see in Kentucky ... not so much the Louisville and northern areas ... we speak southern which while a lot like English is still completely different.

Wud ya gotta comperHend iz dat id sounz diferrnt, noddatall ike'em air yankees.

ooh no i dont speak any other languages than english well i do a little of spanish and french lol..but i do hardly speak them

Old 07-01-2007, 04:39 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzAnonymous View Post
ooh no i dont speak any other languages than english well i do a little of spanish and french lol..but i do hardly speak them
Welp ya betta brush up onya southern ... er ya gonna notno wud innyuns say'n.

Old 07-01-2007, 05:45 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
MsAnonymous,.
I'm a New Yorker who knows many English people. Many of my daughter's classmate's parents are from England, Scotland, France, Italy, South Africa, Japan, Korea, etc. No one could care less in NY where you are from or what kind of accent you have. In fact, most English people are treated exceptionally well (compared to immigrants from El Salvador or Haiti, for example). What the above people have in common is that they are educated, poised, socially graceful, friendly, warm and interesting. Before calling New Yorkers rude, you must look at yourself. In my experience, if you are within the realm of "normal" you will be treated well. I'm not sure what your situation is.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:10 PM

9 posts, read 26,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Welp ya betta brush up onya southern ... er ya gonna notno wud innyuns say'n.
I am from Texas and I have no idea what you are saying. I just hope the people there don`t think I am being rude or making fun when I am always asking whut?

Old 06-11-2008, 04:34 PM

820 posts, read 2,868,749 times
From your list, SF would probably be my choice if finances aren't an issue for you. Very expensive - much more so than Louisville. Agree about Baltimore - bottom of my list. Florida - depends, as I love the panhandle (Destin area in particular). Louisville would be ok, but I'd choose SF in a heart beat over Louisville if I had the funds to do so.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:16 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shana76 View Post
Louisville is a great city! My mother-in-law has lived there for years, and she's British. You will find many different kinds of people there. Also, as someone else said, it is centrally located. Nashville, Chicago and St. Louis are all relatively close.
When you get to Louisville, make sure to take some time to check out other parts of Kentucky. That goes for any state you visit. There's a lot to see here besides the cities. And, before all you city folk start something, I'm not saying anything against you, just meant Kentucky has lot to offer and see all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky