Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 06:35 PM

7 posts, read 12,127 times

Advertisements

Im leaving tomorrow morning to visit my brother in BG. i was there once before but the only place i went was the corvette museum and ate a couple place. i am interested in seeing some historic places or doing somehting out in nature, even just a hike, or even close ot BG. also wanted to know what the weather is like? weather.com said chance of rain my entire trip, but my brother is telling me it can look like its going to rain but never does.

Any input?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 PM

20 posts, read 21,357 times
I am originally from Bowling Green and I have never been a fan of the food there. My daily diet revolves around Italian food... everything Italian. If I heard of an Italian restaurant there I would be scared to go! Bowling Green SUCKS when it comes to most anything and everything and that includes restaurants. Mostly fast food with a few local restaurants that aren't much to speak of but if I had to recommend a restaurant it would be Mariah's, Raffertys, and my favorite Beijing. I refuse to order food off a buffet so I would not recommend the buffet unless your so inclined. Not anything special if you ask me but better than the creepy Scottsville Rd. selection of fast food.

Sorry, I can't speak on "what to do" in Bowling Green because I always went to Nashville, Louisville, Atlanta, Chicago, New York and Boston for fun and finally just left Bowling Green for Chicago and haven't looked back. I hate the outdoors and nature in general so sorry, can't help there either. Good luck and hope you enjoy your stay.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:34 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moralesfamilee View Post
Im leaving tomorrow morning to visit my brother in BG. i was there once before but the only place i went was the corvette museum and ate a couple place. i am interested in seeing some historic places or doing somehting out in nature, even just a hike, or even close ot BG. also wanted to know what the weather is like? weather.com said chance of rain my entire trip, but my brother is telling me it can look like its going to rain but never does.

Any input?
Lost River Cave, hiking trails and cave tours

Hotrods (single A baseball)

Mammoth Cave is about 30 minutes away, lots of hiking and of course cave tours.

Within town, Kereiakes park, Basil Griffith (formerly Three Springs Park) and Phil Moore Park (next to Twin Bridges on 231) have nice walking/running paths. None are really "hiking" but they are nice spots to get outside and take a walk or jog.

Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Federal Grove is a really neat historic place to eat that is about 20 minutes outside of the city limits in Auburn, KY. It is an antebellum mansion that is a bed and breakfast and they serve lunch Monday through Saturday and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. The food is wonderful. There are quite a few good restaurants in and around Bowling Green that are not chains. There is the Corvette Museum if you are a car person. The Hobson House is an old civil war mansion museum that is also interesting.

Here is a link to Federal Grove:

http://www.federalgrove.com/

and one to Hobson House:

Riverview - Bowling Green, KY - Official Municipal Web site

Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 AM

20 posts, read 21,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Federal Grove is a really neat historic place to eat that is about 20 minutes outside of the city limits in Auburn, KY. It is an antebellum mansion that is a bed and breakfast and they serve lunch Monday through Saturday and dinner on Friday and Saturday nights. The food is wonderful. There are quite a few good restaurants in and around Bowling Green that are not chains. There is the Corvette Museum if you are a car person. The Hobson House is an old civil war mansion museum that is also interesting.

Here is a link to Federal Grove:

Federal Grove Bed & Breakfast

and one to Hobson House:

Riverview - Bowling Green, KY - Official Municipal Web site
Speak for your own taste on the food. The Hobson House is pretty cool but sadly next to Par View Court Apartments which is a totally dump! My family (read: mom & dad), growing up, rented the Hobson House for a while and as a kid I would go play on the golf course and help find balls for golfers. Beautiful old house worth checking out and I can't believe I forgot about that place. I don't even know why I am posting this to be honest. He has already been there and gone back home if he left on the 14th. like he said he was. A little late on the suggestions don't you think other posters?

Old 09-01-2010, 11:37 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Side_Sox_Fan View Post
Speak for your own taste on the food. The Hobson House is pretty cool but sadly next to Par View Court Apartments which is a totally dump! My family (read: mom & dad), growing up, rented the Hobson House for a while and as a kid I would go play on the golf course and help find balls for golfers. Beautiful old house worth checking out and I can't believe I forgot about that place. I don't even know why I am posting this to be honest. He has already been there and gone back home if he left on the 14th. like he said he was. A little late on the suggestions don't you think other posters?

I just saw your response and yes I realize it is several months later, but there is no need to be rude. I was merely making a few suggestions for a visitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky