Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2010, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,436 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the area, and have run into a problem with keeping my dogs. They are 60 pounds each, hound mixes (from the same litter) and I've had them since they were puppies (about 6 years). I just don't have the time to give them the exercise they need and can't afford a place big enough for them- side by side apartments are out of the question with their barking. It absolutely breaks my heart to think about giving them away, but I really think it would be best for them. I don't trust craigslist. I would only let them go to someone who had land for them to run, who would give them lots of love and affection, and they would have to stay together.
I know that is a lot to ask. They are a bit energetic but they're incredibly friendly and cuddly, great with kids. They love to play and swim. They are both quite healthy, the female is spayed and the male is neutered. Neither are hunting dogs, and I wouldn't consider any party interested for that purpose. I would be willing to give some money (though I don't have much to offer) for vet fees/food, in addition to taking them for a yearly checkup right beforehand.
If anyone knows of anywhere for me to start, any resources, any interested people, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2010, 06:04 PM

107 posts, read 257,965 times
Many (if not all) local vet offices have bulletin boards where you can post info about dogs needing new homes. I'd suggest taking a photo of them to post with the info sheet. You probably couldn't go wrong with the responses you'd receive.

Good luck, I understand how painful this must be.

Old 11-27-2010, 07:51 PM

2 posts, read 1,436 times
Thank you for your reply. I will definitely check with the vets offices when I am 100% sure that I have no other option than to give them up. It's still a bit unnerving to me to be in a new area and just advertise them to strangers. I guess that is probably how it will have to be done though.

In the meantime, if anyone who reads this knows of a nice family that matches my description, please send them my way. It also occurred to me that instead of offering money for food or vet bills I should offer food or pay for future vet services to avoid someone trying to take them for profit, so I will not be giving cash with the dogs (but can give food/vet vouchers). Thanks for reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol