Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2007, 07:44 AM

67 posts, read 231,551 times

Advertisements

Hi my husband is getting transferred to FedEx Freight in Kingsport Tn from NJ. We've heard great things about Kingsport. Looking for any extra info we can get on the area. Especially for what areas are nice to live in. We are looking for something that is very private feeling on an acre or more but still close to stores etc. Also, good community and schools, parks etc. Any info would be great as well as property taxes. Also, are there nice hospital, psychiatric hospitals out there, I am a nurse and will be looking for employment. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2007, 07:50 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,511,189 times
You may want to consider either the Colonial Heights or Gray/Boones Creek area. As far as psychiatric hospital, Mountain States Health Alliance is where you will probably want to check. Mountain States Health Alliance. Best of luck, you are going to love it!

Old 07-27-2007, 08:15 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,329,215 times
Hello,
I agree with SmokyMtnGal, I live in Gray and love it here. You should be able to find what you are looking for land wises here. From what I hear MSHA is a great place to work. I live in Gray and my office is in Kingsport, nice easy drive. What other info are you needing? Maybe we can help.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:07 PM

10,084 posts, read 14,463,858 times
My sister lives in Kingsport and works in Johnson City @ the VA hospital. Apparently, great pay, and 5 weeks off a year. My aunt also works there. Low stress from what they both say.
Regarding neighborhoods, if you are into "in town living" try Watauga Street bordering downtown Kingsport. GORGEOUS and historic homes with very tall beautiful trees lining the streets. You may also want to look @ the Orebank Road area. Very rural feeling with nice homes on big lots--yet very close to Stone Drive, town, etc. Stone Drive is the commercial strip of Kingsport where everything shopping-wise is, almost. Fort Henry Mall in Kingsport is still a good place to shop too.

Old 07-30-2007, 01:42 PM

13 posts, read 37,340 times
Default There is alot of nice things here.

There are several jobs in health care here. You shouldn't have any problem finding a good job. As for communities go, Gray is really nice and in between the major cities here so it's a great place to live. I live in Fall Branch and it's an awesome town. It's not as growed up as Gray, but it's still very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol