U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 07:58 PM

218 posts, read 359,513 times

Advertisements

Well, Polizzio, its' about time you make your move. You've been talking about it for way too long. Life is too short to keep putting things off. You need to enjoy the good life. I think by now, you have a pretty good feel for Unicoi County and Erwin. Folks here are just your normal kinda people who love the Lord, enjoy good music and appreciate the beauty God has put together - namely East Tennessee. So, pack you bags, get off your duff and get up here while you still can. You won't regret it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 06:41 AM

141 posts, read 259,925 times
I hear ya HGTN, but its not just that simple. I have a house down here to sell and the RE market down here sucks, and a big need to downsize my "stuff" for a move. My last move was Dec '96 and it just about got the best of me. But my priorities are a changing and i'm working towards "a big change". I'm driving up there on a recon mission very soon. Time for a road trip/vacation :-)

Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 AM

115 posts, read 225,636 times
HI Polizzio! I hear ya! I've been researching TN online for over 3 years, and somewhere in east TN seems to be my destination, too. I have not narrowed it down to a single town yet though...
I'm a single 53 y o female, and I want to get away from the northern winters, and find a friendly, slower pace of life. I have a house to sell too, been in this house for over 25 years, and have been slowly downsizing my stuff for 2 years. House not on the market yet. I'm not sure what's taking me so long...

Last edited by flatlander52; 04-02-2012 at 07:15 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-03-2012, 04:38 PM

Hello Flatlander, take a hard look at Erwin. Small town living, approx 5600 residents, low home costs, ultra low crime, low natural disaster statistics, friendly folks, larger cities close by like Johnson City. JC has pretty much everything one could want, college town, but a bit more exposure/petty crime. You and I sound like a good match, maybe one day we might meet up in Erwin :-)
I'm fixing to visit soon, take a look around, get a feel for the place. Got to make a move.

//www.city-data.com/city/Erwin-Tennessee.html

Old 04-05-2012, 06:47 PM

Thanks for the link, Poliz. Erwin does look great! And like you say, JC is close by if needed!
I've looked at so many east TN towns, and even considered Knoxville. But my heart says go small.
The town I live in now is ~19,000, and I really think I want to go even smaller. I've been looking at towns south and southwest of Knox. but now I'm going to check out the Tri-cities area too...
I want to be as sure as I can be.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:26 PM

118 posts, read 207,906 times
Erwin is where we shop when we need a Walmart. Lol, (actually Unicoi) we have a place across the mountain in NC. We love the area.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:53 AM

Thx for the input llovin.

We gotta keep it kinda quiet about life in Erwin/Unicoi, we don't want to start a landslide :-)

Old 04-07-2012, 04:24 PM

What about Gray, TN? Have you decided when you're going to visit the area, Polizzio? I sent you a DM, by the way.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 PM

268 posts, read 672,169 times
Hey Polizzio, don't worry about it, if you move to Erwin, we can hang out and start our own clan.
The Luzianne Clanne. Erwin is on my short list of places to relocate once I save enough for a house.
Problem is it is in contention with Gatlinburg, Cosby, Townsend, etc. But who knows. PM me if you
get closer to deciding. They ain't never had to deal with some Louisiana people moving there. I bet
we would be made a quick exception for once they tasted our cooking. They'd be walking down the
street, and stopping and saying "When you gonna have another one of those shrimp boils?" and we
would say, as soon as you stop calling me 'outsider'. Besides, being included is over-rated. Being left
alone is what I generally prefer.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:32 PM

268 posts, read 672,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I want to add that the 'super low crime' rate that appeals to you is in part a result of the community being so tight knit. If they were more open and accepting of outsiders I think the crime rate would go up. People are less inclined to do stupid things when everyone in the community knows who they are and who their people are.
That DO BEEZ a fact, right there. You would be surprised to know how few of modern Americans realize that,
Well, YOU wouldn't be surprised, but most would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol