U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2006, 08:54 AM

7,279 posts, read 20,215,810 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I finally got some pictures of the Johnson City area. They are not the greatest as again, while running errands yesterday on my lunch break ( I took a long one just for all of you....thank you hahahahaha) I was taking them, from the car, which means just hold up the camera and click, no looking, can't do that AND drive hehehehehe. I took the long slow way back to the office and snapped these pictures. Hope you enjoy and it gives you an idea of what the area here is like.
I did notice something while uploading these pictures and other I have taken. East TN has A LOT of power lines! I am finding it hard to take pictures without power lines in the shot. I never noticed it before, but now rather irritating.

These were taken driving North on 26 between Market St and Roan st exits.

looking to Southwest JC

overlooking Roan st/mall area of JC

I took the Roan St exit and headed West, drove in front of the mall

Turned around and went back up Roan St towords Bristol

same, you can see 26 overpass.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...roanseastb.jpg
Roan, after going under 26 overpass.

more in next thread!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2006, 09:14 AM

22,586 posts, read 32,599,293 times
Keep'm coming!! I LOVE looking at the pictures, it make me want to be there even more. Are you familar with Scott Graham the photographer who lives there? I get his calander every year.

Old 09-15-2006, 07:18 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,462,977 times
I think you can quit your day job and go to work for the Tn dept of info and relocation services

Old 09-15-2006, 07:22 PM

LOL!!!! I would but I love my day job to much! How lucky am I ? a job AND a hobby I love!

Old 09-16-2006, 01:37 PM

22 posts, read 67,893 times
Your pics are great. We came back there from Northern Calif. in July and fell in love with the area.We really liked the Piney Flats area off 19W and Ford Rd. It was so green and beautiful back there. We plan on moving there next spring we hope.

Old 09-16-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsmommyy View Post
Your pics are great. We came back there from Northern Calif. in July and fell in love with the area.We really liked the Piney Flats area off 19W and Ford Rd. It was so green and beautiful back there. We plan on moving there next spring we hope.
That is a very nice area. Convenient to shopping and all that yet still in the country. My husband drives down 19W to work every day, he is from here and he still says how nice of a drive it is.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:27 AM

203 posts, read 734,874 times
Twinsmommy, what area of Northern CA are you from? We're in Sonoma County and also looking at possibly moving to TN. What other areas were you looking at and why have you chosen this area?

Old 09-17-2006, 08:40 AM

22 posts, read 67,893 times
CAtoGA,we are in Contra Costa County.We want to move somewhere that has 4 seasons instead of the 2 that we have and also somewhere our boys could grow up that was more rural.. Moving to that area started out as a joke. I asked my husband which Nascar track he would like to live near and he said Bristol. I said ok. Also his brother was talking about moving to TN in a few years. We drove there the end of July and we both LOVED to area. It is so beautiful and green. We also like that with the area being in a valley between 2 mountain ranges we are sheilded from some of the harsher weather.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:07 AM

130 posts, read 539,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Hi all, I finally got some pictures of the Johnson City area. They are not the greatest as again, while running errands yesterday on my lunch break ( I took a long one just for all of you....thank you hahahahaha) I was taking them, from the car, which means just hold up the camera and click, no looking, can't do that AND drive hehehehehe.
Here's irony for you. It's hard to tell for sure but the Avalanche coming at you in the first picture might be me. I work on Market Street and use 26 daily.

I know this is a small city but that would be quite a coincidence. What time did you take the pictures? I was out and about on Thursday from 11:00 until about 3:00.

Joe

Old 09-17-2006, 10:00 AM

Oh how funny that would be!!! Lets see, I met my hubby for quick lunch in Elizabethon at about 11:15ish and made it back to Gray by about 1:30ish, after enjoying a drive by Winged Deer Park and Boone Lake. That pic was one of the first I took after getting back on 26.....so I guess it would have been somewhere around 12:30ish? That pick was taken betwen Market and Roan, so I would say it was just after I passed the Unaka Watugga St exit.
So it could very well be you! LOL!! Oh THAT is funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>