Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 7,831 times

Advertisements

Hello all...I am a 24 yr old female from Connecticut with a job lined up in Johnson City for the first week of November, so now I'm looking for an apartment. I've been to the area a couple of times but never specifically looked at apartments and it's hard to judge things from limited info online...I'm looking for an efficiency or a one bedroom for around $350/month, preferably near the bus line in case my car-less boyfriend comes along. I don't mind being near the university, but I don't want to be TOO near...so basically any input you guys could give on different apt complexes would be greatly appreciated...

I was also wondering what your electricity bills are like...and I think that's all...

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 04:02 PM

506 posts, read 1,474,805 times
Here is just a few I know. Let me first say that I really have no clue about the bus line. Electric bills, I don't really know either, sorry.

Evergreen Terrace: Behind Kroger next to ETSU campus. I had an acquaintance that lived there. Only visited a couple times but I found it to be kind of sketchy overall. Would probably fit the budget and location, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Seminole Ridge: Also next to ETSU campus. Everyone I have known that lived there went to ETSU. Basically all college students.

There is another set of apartments (can't remember the name) behind ETSU that, although they were mostly students, had some other people that lived there. I remember a couple of my buddies at ETSU had 3 cops that lived above them so overall it was pretty quiet. I think most of these were at least 2+ bedrooms, however.

There are some more here but I'm unfamiliar with any of them:
Apartments in Johnson City, Tennessee (TN) near East Tennessee State University (ETSU) (http://www.johnsoncityapartments.com/start.htm - broken link)

Old 09-18-2007, 04:04 PM

506 posts, read 1,474,805 times
P.S. I just found this site that seems to have some good reviews.

Johnson City Apartments for Rent with Ratings & Reviews by Johnson City Renters at ApartmentRatings.com

Old 09-18-2007, 05:00 PM

712 posts, read 1,487,461 times
I lived in Evergreen Terrace for 4 years, pretty much all college students, so its a little loud. But it fits in the budget, and they have a night security guy that drives around and keeps an eye out on everything. I think they are full right now, however, and had to turn people away starting in late July. There might have been an opening since then, so worth checking into.

The first link Appalachian provided was to Chuck Rich Properties. I also lived in one of his apartments for a year. Ravenwood is within the budget, and from what I understand Chuck doesnt rent to first year college students. So its a little quieter, and Chuck is a GREAT guy, always in the Ravenwood office. I personally like the guy because Comcast raised rates, so he kicked them out of the complex, called a company out of VA to wire a T1 internet connection and cable TV, all for cheaper than Comcast service. Bottom line is the apartments are quiet and safe, had no problems at all.

Seminole Ridge is basically the same as Evergreen Terrace, except you share a common area (living room and kitchen) with three other roomates, you have your private bedrooms and baths. It is all college students.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:40 PM

64 posts, read 243,086 times
Default Electric bills

My electric bill runs about $70 for a two bedroom apt, and that includes running the AC for 2 weeks a month during this hot summer.

Altogether, my rent, electric, water, internet & cell phone cost less than just my rent did up North : )

Old 09-20-2007, 05:49 PM

2 posts, read 7,831 times
Thanks...that's what I was hoping to hear about the electric bill!!! Does anybody know anything about Ridgeview on Briarcliff Rd?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:40 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,226,479 times
You should check out Willowcreek or any of the other Homestead Properties apartments. That's where I live now and it's overall very quiet with about a 30/70 mix of students and working professionals (mostly in the medical profession). I don't think they rent to students that easily as we had to pull out all the stops to get this one from them - they even talked to my former RA in Knoxville. The staff is professional and the buildings are nice inside, despite looking a bit frumpy on the outside. You have to keep their noses to the grindstone about fixing things but that's pretty basic across all landlords.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol