Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:26 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,859,261 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will soon be in a new home in Telford. We moved here from Jacksonville, Florida. Just curious to find out where everyone is coming from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 09:40 AM

69 posts, read 253,556 times
Default Where I'm From

Presently in MI, where I was raised from age 8. Lived in several states around country for a period of about 30 yrs or so due to job transfers. Spent 3 yrs in S FL before moving back here.

LOVE Tri-cities, where I lived until age 8 - my father was born and raised there. Rediscovered JC during a genealogy tour last year and decided then and there to make it my permanent home as soon as I can manage it; probably within a year.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:03 PM

By all means, welcome back.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:09 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,538,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williboy View Post
My wife and I will soon be in a new home in Telford. We moved here from Jacksonville, Florida. Just curious to find out where everyone is coming from.
Another escapee from S Florida. We sold in Boca Raton in 2005.

Thank God the only other time I will ever see Fl again is to stay on Captiva or Sarasata....no more Broward County and 99 degree heat!

sunny

Old 10-01-2007, 06:35 PM

69 posts, read 253,556 times
Default Forida Heat

Sunny, I have lived all over the US for 30 years. Florida is the worst climate I've ever experienced. Its not liveable - people that think Florida is a good climate to escape the northern cold have got to realize that the heat is all-encompassing and unrelenting. You'll hate it if you don't love humidity .The humidity is literally breathtaking. It's stressful just to go outside and you break into an instant sweat. Florida is not as wonderful as you think.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:28 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,538,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeggyM View Post
Sunny, I have lived all over the US for 30 years. Florida is the worst climate I've ever experienced. Its not liveable - people that think Florida is a good climate to escape the northern cold have got to realize that the heat is all-encompassing and unrelenting. You'll hate it if you don't love humidity .The humidity is literally breathtaking. It's stressful just to go outside and you break into an instant sweat. Florida is not as wonderful as you think.
I agree 100%. Nothing is worse than, in February, you are outside speaking to a neighbor at 11:30 PM and sweat is pouring down

It was the most uncomfortable for me as well. You have maybe 2 great months for the beach...the rest is awful. No breeze, cannot open the windows because of the heat... I think alot of us from up north end up getting fed up, which is why we are in JC now! I also enjoy saving 600.00 a month on my utility bill

sunny

Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 AM

150 posts, read 425,510 times
Default Miami!!!!!!

AND I GOT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Almost everybody in this thread is from florida, that is HILARIOUS!!! I hated Miami, and I am happy to be here in JC/WC!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 06:48 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,263,242 times
Great thread. I am originally from CT then spent 11 awful years in South East FL. I agree with Peggy and Sunny, the heat and humidity of Fl is the worst! I have traveled all over this country, only about 8 or 9 continental states I haven't been to (mainly west coast, haven't gotten there yet) and I have also been to Canada, Mexico, Hawaii and Aruba, the climate in FL is just awful! I have been in North East TN for a little over 10 years now. It still amazes me every day, the views, the people, the climate, even the growth has seemed to be at a nice even pace. My hubby is a native and he has traveled a lot too. Neither of us could even imagine wanting to live anywhere else. There is just so much to do here and so enjoyable and affordable for a family.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:05 AM

MB, you're just a half-back; The wife and I are full fledged Floridiots.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:27 AM

423 posts, read 1,400,390 times
Williboy, I'm from Hudson, Ohio, a truly beautiful area of NE Ohio, especially in Autumn. We will miss some things from our state...the bike/hike paths in particular. They are everywhere, and very scenic. Our married children are in Hendersonville, NC, hence our search to relocate. Our newlywed daughter, her two horses and dogs live in a small farmhouse that is on land we purchased in Piney Flats, and we plan to build there next year. We really love the tri-cities area. It will be hard to leave lifelong friends, cousins, aunts and uncles, siblings. But our kids are drawing us to this beautiful area. Give me my children, grandchildren, a horse to kiss, a good Starbucks to enjoy, some thrift stores to hunt for treasures and I'm good to go.-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol