U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 AM

227 posts, read 662,864 times

Advertisements

Oh, forgot about Pepper Heads. I've only eaten there once but it was very good.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 05:09 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,550,906 times
I really want to try Pepper Heads now. I just ate at 12 Bones, downtown Kpt, and it was really good! It may be my new fav.
I like Sahib and Sitar both. I was so sad when Sitar closed in Kingsport and moved to JC.
So, the little german place is still open in Weber City?

Old 10-20-2007, 08:01 PM

227 posts, read 662,864 times
I guess the german place is still open. It's been about 9 months since I was there last. What kind of place is 12 Bones. Haven't heard of that one before.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:50 PM

7,305 posts, read 24,678,404 times
Some of my favs are....

In Bristol... Mad Greek, Bellas, Blue Circle, Troutdale Dining Rooms, La Caretta/Carretta(sp?), Piccadilly, Fatz and Cracker Barrel of course.
I used to love Bonanza on the Volunteer PKWY, but they went out of business, the building was demolished and a CVS went in its place.

In Johnson City... Cicis Pizza (are they still in business?), Olive Garden.

In Kingsport... Mamas House, Piccadilly.

In Elizabethton... Taco Johns, A&W

In Bluff City... Ridgewood BBQ.

In Piney Flats... Pardners BBQ.

I heard of a place down from Elizabethton that has good food, called Quarterbacks.... I think they are in Hampton, just south of Elizabethton.

Old 10-21-2007, 01:04 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,550,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcommander View Post
I guess the german place is still open. It's been about 9 months since I was there last. What kind of place is 12 Bones. Haven't heard of that one before.
It's a bbq place overall, but I had a BLT that was wonderful - fried green tomatoes and basil mayo. Here's an article about it.
David Cate » Blog Archive » 12 Bones turns up the heat and tickles the taste buds in Downtown Kingsport (http://timesnews.net/blogs/cate/?p=164 - broken link)

Old 10-21-2007, 06:12 AM

383 posts, read 823,662 times
here's their asheville location website- the menu is pretty much the same...

12bones.com

Old 10-21-2007, 10:45 AM

25 posts, read 19,525 times
Default yes yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
Some of my favs are....

In Bristol... Mad Greek, Bellas, Blue Circle, Troutdale Dining Rooms, La Caretta/Carretta(sp?), Piccadilly, Fatz and Cracker Barrel of course.
I used to love Bonanza on the Volunteer PKWY, but they went out of business, the building was demolished and a CVS went in its place.

In Johnson City... Cicis Pizza (are they still in business?), Olive Garden.

In Kingsport... Mamas House, Piccadilly.

In Elizabethton... Taco Johns, A&W

In Bluff City... Ridgewood BBQ.

In Piney Flats... Pardners BBQ.

I heard of a place down from Elizabethton that has good food, called Quarterbacks.... I think they are in Hampton, just south of Elizabethton.

Sounds like a culinary mecca

Old 10-22-2007, 07:51 AM

4,739 posts, read 7,762,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAAP_princess View Post
Sounds like a culinary mecca
Morning Sunshine...lol

Oh and I wanted to add the Blue Circle in Bristol, I know there is meat in their burgers somewhere. Oh Oh and Maryland Fried Chicken, it slides down sooo good.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:05 PM

6,514 posts, read 14,776,331 times
Yep, Cici's in JC is still open, but they relocated. I'm trying to remember where. I think it's down beside Kohl's and Lowe's in North JC/State of Franklin. Someone else can corroborate, hopefully?

I've heard a lot about the German place in Weber City but never made it up there. I wanna go!

Oh, I love Sahib and Sitar, too.

Old 10-22-2007, 05:31 PM

15,763 posts, read 28,848,810 times
Is the Tri City Sitar run by the same people that run the Knoxville Sitar? That place is sooooooo good! I love their lunch buffet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol