Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 08:53 AM

4 posts, read 13,280 times

Advertisements

Hello all
I have been living in Asheville NC all my life and have visited JC alot of times through the years and loved it..and now I have a chance to relocate there..
Now Ive done alot of searching via the net regarding apartments for rent there and you know how it is,,they all claim to the be the next best thing to heaven itself..LOL..
Now what concerns me is that I have a 10yr lil girl who I want to make sure is in a safe,friendly neighboorhood,,she means everything to me and that is very important,,Id rather pay extra than worry,so does anyone recommend from experiances any places?
ANy help would be greatly appreciated,,thank yall in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 09:53 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Do you have a preference for what part of the county you'd prefer to live in?

Old 10-17-2007, 10:21 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
What price range are you looking in? Does it have to be an apartment or are you open to a house, town house?

Old 10-17-2007, 10:43 AM

Thanks for the responses yall..No I dont a preferred location,just somewhere not to trafiffy(thats a word,LMAO),and kinda countryish
As for my price range anywhere from 550 to 700 would be ok,and any housing is ok with me just as its in a good neighborhood and safe...

Old 10-17-2007, 11:23 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Default Good range

Here are a few options for you to look at and try.
This company offers some rentals NE TN Rental Properties. PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AVAILABLE 547-2871 Northeast Tennessee Rental Properties

I gave a quick look at the JC press for the rentals listed and this one looks nice, should be in a good neighborhood:

Nice 3BR house around Jboro. Private lot, water & Sewer furnished. $600 + dep. 571-7670

Not exactly sure where this one is, but if it where I think it is, this too is a nice area:
1217 Meadowview, JC 3BR hdwd flrs thru-out, LR, DR, CH&A, water & trash incl. $695/mo+dep. 926-3839

This one is kinda close to ETSU so not sure about traffic, you would have to see exactly where it is located off which section of Cherokee:
2BR, 2BA, private lot, great location,quiet nborhd off Cherokee Rd,$625+$625dep Call: 753-8160

You can check out more here: TriCityHomes Classified Ads
Fair warning however, there are a lot listed by the same agency you will notice. If you happen to call for any of these and get a spiel about paying $50 for them to find you a place to rent, hang up! That place is a joke and most of the rentals are dumps anyway.
I hope this helps and good luck with your move.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:15 PM

Thanks everybody for their input...Ive been reading up on Sterling hillls apartments..Are these a good place for what I need?

Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 PM

3 posts, read 12,346 times
Sterling Hills had a wait list the last time I called (a couple of weeks ago).

I currently have one of our "travelers" staying at Miller Crest Apts. He just moved in, but so far, so good.

Give Catherine Lee a call (423) 928-2701
Welcome

Check out:
Summer Chase (Katie 423.928.2202)
Chuck Rich Properties (Sandy 423.926.2100)

Hey if you do call any of the above three, please tell them Lorrie with Cardiac Professionals referred you...

Mountain Villas, rrr don't have the # handy... 6 months is the shortest lease

Two of our upmost criterim are that the apt is safe and clean. We have had nurses at another place in Jonesborough.... so to keep from any conflict, I'll just say, you should reserve a couple of nights at the Amerian Classic Suites ($49 - $89 per nite) and "shop" around.

Here are some other site you may find useful in the area:

Apartment Ratings :: The leading source of apartment reviews by renters for renters.

the local paper:
http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/

the yellow/white pages
http://johnsoncity.whiteyellowpages.com/

Downtown Johnson City site:
http://www.downtownjc.org/

speed traps:
http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/ste.asp?state=TN&city=Johnson%20City

other stuff:
http://www.tricities.com/tristate/tri/home.html

JCPD
http://www.johnsoncitytn.com/Police%20Department/

Good luck!

Old 10-18-2007, 03:08 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
One set that I knew had openings not long ago (cause I live in them ) is Willow Ridge and Pecan Court, from Homestead Properties. I'm not sure of Pecan's rate but Willow Ridge is 2 BR, 1 BA, 1 Kitchen/dining and living room at $595-$615. Pecan Court is a two-level with the same rooms I think, and a back patio.

They're spread out over several complexes but I think they're all on Seminole Drive, behind ETSU campus.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:07 AM

WOW!Thanks for the help!This forum rocks!I will check into these places yall and I will give kudos if I get that one!...I cant wait to get there,,probably go scout and stay a few days this weekend or early next week

Old 10-18-2007, 06:22 PM

2 posts, read 9,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetruise View Post
Thanks everybody for their input...Ive been reading up on Sterling hillls apartments..Are these a good place for what I need?
I've been a long time troll on the tri-cities boards. Just moved here from Florida (by "just" I mean we pulled in Monday and just dug the computer out of a box). Since I, quite literally, just went through the whole apartment / house rental search in the area, thought I'd chime in.

I just moved into Sterling Hills myself; only reason I got the apartment is because the person who had it reserved before me had a problem with their home closing. There is a waiting list, but not every one is spoken for. I was told that one or two would be coming available if I could wait until the beginning of November (I couldn't) and then some other in Feb. The guy that installed my cable said that people usually stay here around 3 months while they're looking for a home.

Good luck with the search, and I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have from someone who just went through it last week.

Thanks,
deosculate

PS - Agree with mbmouse - if you come across the agency that charges you $55 to view their listings, stay away. My wife and I spent three days of driving around the tri-cities from sun-up till sun-down looking at their rentals. I changed my parameters three times to try to expand my search and they treated me as a burden. Picked up the tri-cities apartment guide (freely available) and looked at about 8 possibilities by noon and decided on Sterling Hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol