Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:32 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by williboy View Post
I never get to go to Pal's. Every time I go to get something at the one in Jonesborough, there is a line reaching almost out to 11E. It's a pretty good little fast food joint, but not that good.
Note, us ladies are only referring to the tea? LOL Every once in a while I will grab a small cheeseburger just because I am there and hungry at the same time I am there for tea.
You are right about the lines out to the roads, it isn't just the Jonesborough location. However their logo is "sudden service" which I find is true. The lines may be long, but they move very quick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 08:14 AM

227 posts, read 720,127 times
SmokeyMtnGal - how lucky are you!!! Now you need to get them to give you their ice - lasts forever!! Anytime we are headed out of town for a trip, gotta stop and get a Pals tea because it will last for hours!!!! When I worked downtown, I would stop every morning on my way in and get a tea. It would last me all day.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:35 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,230,694 times
I don't like tea (yes, I am native, hush! ), but you're right, their ice lasts for ages in cokes, too. And I LOOOOOOOVE their french fries! When I moved away the thing I missed most was PAL'S!!!!!!!

Oh, btw, the one down on State of Franklin is much less busy, if it's close at all to you, Williboy. I know you live in Telford, but do you ever get up around ETSU?

Old 02-11-2008, 11:08 AM

423 posts, read 1,404,904 times
Just wondering...why is the tea so good? I can't imagine that big a diff in restaurant iced tea! Hmmm...could it be a "special herb" tea that can also be smoked? (kidding, folks...really.)

Old 02-11-2008, 12:13 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,805,192 times
Thanks very much for sharing that, mbmouse...I recognized most of the scenes depicted, even though the glimpses were awfully fleeting! I kinda wish they'd thrown in a few more nature shots (mountains, waterfalls, wild critters, etc.) and included a couple more historical places like Rocky Mount and Netherland Inn, but overall it's a really neat promotional tool for the area.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:17 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoshika View Post
Thanks very much for sharing that, mbmouse...I recognized most of the scenes depicted, even though the glimpses were awfully fleeting! I kinda wish they'd thrown in a few more nature shots (mountains, waterfalls, wild critters, etc.) and included a couple more historical places like Rocky Mount and Netherland Inn, but overall it's a really neat promotional tool for the area.
I thought the same thing! Next time they should hire us local City-Data folks to direct their videos. LOL!

Old 02-11-2008, 03:20 PM

1,065 posts, read 3,868,660 times
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I don't like tea (yes, I am native, hush! ), but you're right, their ice lasts for ages in cokes, too. And I LOOOOOOOVE their french fries! When I moved away the thing I missed most was PAL'S!!!!!!!

Oh, btw, the one down on State of Franklin is much less busy, if it's close at all to you, Williboy. I know you live in Telford, but do you ever get up around ETSU?
I hardly ever get over that way, but my wife work's at the VA Hospital so I'll let her know. Maybe, if I'm a good boy (I rarely am), she'll pick up something for me after work.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:27 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcommander View Post
SmokeyMtnGal - how lucky are you!!! Now you need to get them to give you their ice - lasts forever!! Anytime we are headed out of town for a trip, gotta stop and get a Pals tea because it will last for hours!!!! When I worked downtown, I would stop every morning on my way in and get a tea. It would last me all day.
Well, since you brought it up, I did have an ice cube maker installed at work and I have one at home. http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/2.gif (broken link) In the insultated cups the ice stays good forever. I told y'all, I am a serious iced tea freak! I have converted so many off of soda pop to iced tea; nothing like liquid gold! LOL

Old 02-11-2008, 06:13 PM

28 posts, read 131,401 times
Default I was reading on the Pal's website about their ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Well, since you brought it up, I did have an ice cube maker installed at work and I have one at home. http://bestsmileys.com/blushing/2.gif (broken link) In the insultated cups the ice stays good forever. I told y'all, I am a serious iced tea freak! I have converted so many off of soda pop to iced tea; nothing like liquid gold! LOL
The special design of it makes it melt slower....along with those cups....it really does last ALL day.

Oh and I , too, have wondered if there is something addictive in their tea ! LOL!!!!!!! I just like to get tea there because I cannot for the LIFE OF ME seem to make iced tea at home that isn't BITTER.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:30 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Blessings View Post
The special design of it makes it melt slower....along with those cups....it really does last ALL day.

Oh and I , too, have wondered if there is something addictive in their tea ! LOL!!!!!!! I just like to get tea there because I cannot for the LIFE OF ME seem to make iced tea at home that isn't BITTER.
Any guesses on the brand of tea that Pal's uses? I just might tempt you all with possibly posting a picture of the cases of tea.

To keep it from becoming bitter, make sure that you remove the tea bag after steeping for 5 minutes and remove the bag without squeezing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol