Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 03:12 PM

110 posts, read 227,921 times

Advertisements

This might be the oddest question ever asked here, but after extensive Google searching turned up nothing, I thought I'd take this to the forum to see if anyone here local has any idea.

A few weeks ago I was getting a soda at the fountain in the Sam's Club Johnson City. I noticed that they had a spigot for "Firehouse Subs Cherry Limeade." I'd never tried this before, so I gave it a shot.

As an aside, my wife and I love Firehouse Subs, and we really wish one would open up somewhere locally.

So, this Cherry Limeade from Sam's was fabulous. It has now become my new favorite drink. I've gotten it about 4 times in last month since I don't go to Sam's that frequently.

A couple of weeks ago we were in Asheville and stopped a Firehouse Subs for dinner. I tried the Cherry Limeade from their Coke Freestyle machine. It was disgusting. It tasted nothing like what they have at Sam's Club.

In comparison, the Sam's beverage is a very pale pink. Imagine taking a bottle of Sprite and putting a few drops of red coloring in it. The beverage at Firehouse was roughly the color of Hawaiian Punch. The Sam's drink is really refreshing. The Firehouse drink was overpoweringly sweet. I have a sweet tooth and it was disgustingly sweet to me. (Google does turn up a lot of people complaining about how sweet Firehouse Subs's Cherry Limeade is, so I'm assuming this was authentic and not that the drink machine in Asheville was way off in its calibration.)

So it seems that Sam's Club Firehouse Subs Cherry Limeade is very different than the real thing from Firehouse. Considering that the soda machine tap has a professionally printed label with the Firehouse Subs logo on it, I'm rather confused about the huge difference.

So, my question: Has anyone else tried this at Sam's? If so, do you have any idea what it is? Is it mislabeled at Sam's and is not a Firehouse flavor? Most importantly, is there anyplace other than the Sam's Club to buy this locally? I'd love to find it in cans or such. I thought about asking a Sam's employee if I could see the product box, but it's always way too busy in there when I visit to ask that question.

Thanks for any ideas others have. (Next time you go to Sam's try this drink out and help me with my detective work!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 05:50 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,022,249 times
I have not tried it, but you could try this...

https://redhillgirl.wordpress.com/20...-limeade-hack/

Old 09-05-2016, 06:59 PM

Thanks, Bones. I've seen that one. It may be worth a shot, but I don't see how it could be like the one I'm fond of since it is not carbonated. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Old 10-07-2016, 04:09 PM

24 posts, read 48,420 times
When they first added the flavor at Sam's they had tape over the firehouse logo. I'm thinking it's not actually the Firehouse brand, and the tape simply fell off.

Old 10-08-2016, 05:33 AM

Makes sense. Thanks

Old 10-08-2016, 12:29 PM

15,939 posts, read 20,903,382 times
An old fanta facebook post says that they supply a cherry limeade syrup for Sams club soda fountains. It says it's not sold to the public in any form, but as it's an old post maybe it's available for purchase as canned or bottled drinks now?

Old 10-09-2016, 01:41 PM

311 posts, read 394,283 times
According to a Wikipedia article I found it is indeed Fanta and is only available at Sam's Club and some Circle K fountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol