Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,423 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

My husband and I are coming this weekend to look around the Greeneville to Bristol area. We want a quiet friendly community with a nearby town for shopping...and a place he can find a decent job. Of course..beautiful mountain views! I need to move out of SC because of the humidity and heat and my dream has always been to live in the mountains. Any ideas on an area that is beauitul, peaceful yet friendly?

Thanks for any input!!

Carol....Ladyjoy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,319,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjoy View Post
Hi everyone.

My husband and I are coming this weekend to look around the Greeneville to Bristol area. We want a quiet friendly community with a nearby town for shopping...and a place he can find a decent job. Of course..beautiful mountain views! I need to move out of SC because of the humidity and heat and my dream has always been to live in the mountains. Any ideas on an area that is beauitul, peaceful yet friendly?

Thanks for any input!!

Carol....Ladyjoy
Hello,
Well, from your description of what you are looking for, sounds like you are looking in the right areas. Except for jobs. You may need to be closer to one of the Tri-Cities (Johnson City, Kingsport or Bristol) depending on what kind of work you are looking for. Greeneville is a nice area and has the few amenities you are looking for but the jobs are not AS available as in the Tri-Cities, not to say you may not find one there, but it may be harder and take longer to find. If you found work in JC, I would say you could look to the Telford, South Jonesborough, South JC, or Pinney Flats area. If you found work in Kingsport I would say look to the Gray, Rock Springs, Mount Carmel areas for housing. If you found work in Bristol, I would say you could look in the Pinney Flats, North Elizabethton or Blountville areas.
I will warn you though, we do have some hot humid, muggy days here as well, agreed, not as much as SC coast, but we do still get some.
I hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol