U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:58 AM

5,985 posts, read 3,962,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTrish1022 View Post
Hi all,
Anyone ever eat at Pal's? What kind of food is it? Is it any good?
What about Cootie Browns? the name alone makes me chuckle so I wonder what is the food like?
I have a restaurant guide but was just wondering what locals thought.
Thanks!
In local newspaper surveys Pal's burgers have recently been voted No. 1. Don't know about their other foods. Pal's is a local chain, having been here since the 60's or earlier.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 03:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,557 times
Purple Cow has a wide variety of Sandwiches Hot and Cold on their menu, all are a great value. They also serve 80+ flavors of milkshakes. I think there motto is "Cooked in sight, Has to be right," You can see their cooking area as you pull up to the drive thru window.

The restaurant on Netherland Inn Road is Riverfront Seafood. The owner has a reputation of being rude to customers. Most hotels in the area have stopped recommending the restaurant simply due to the owner's behavior.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 AM

79 posts, read 240,680 times
Default yea

Thats the name thanks for the input, any good mom n pop places to eat??
And does anyone know where one can go to shoot a few games of pool?? Not looking for a bar...Thanks

Old 02-19-2007, 08:54 PM

31 posts, read 99,868 times
Somebody beat me to the purple cow question. I drive for fed ex and am up and down east and west stone abt 20 times a day it seems and at lunch and dinner time the line for the purple cow is always onto stone dr. Somebody else was asking abt eating establishments on another post, and I put my 2cents in abt the firehouse bbq in Johnson City . really liked the food and my cousins that were with me liked theres too. I have yet to try cootie browns but I think I will this weekend. MB do you work in kingsport?

Old 02-20-2007, 07:16 AM

7,280 posts, read 19,961,764 times
Yes I do! when you said you work for FedEx, I thought...."Wonder if I know this guy??" LOL!!! Next time you are out at HBDC, stop by suite 12 and say hello!
And I agree with your eating choices, but you NEED to try Cootie Browns. I haven't been to the one in Kingsport yet, but the one in JC is fun.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:03 PM

5,985 posts, read 3,962,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTrish1022 View Post
Thats the name thanks for the input, any good mom n pop places to eat??
And does anyone know where one can go to shoot a few games of pool?? Not looking for a bar...Thanks
Mama's House Restaurant on Hwy. 93 is good. Don't know about pool.

Old 02-25-2007, 09:19 PM

31 posts, read 99,868 times
I took the family to the cootie broowns is kingsport yesterday. The food was decent and the prices werent bad. I spent 53.00 to feed the family of 4 and me and my son got desert on the way out. Thr joint was jumpin, we went around 6:00pm and it took abt 20 min to get seated. I was digging the groovy tie die shirts which my 14 yr old reminded me there so 70s yea soooo. We had a good time , well try some where new next time. And MB im racking my brain trying to figure out those initials snd me a private msg I would love to say Hi before I get taken off this rt....Darryl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol