Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 01:02 PM

153 posts, read 479,917 times

Advertisements

I've posted on here before... we (husband and two kids) live in Parrish, FL (near Bradenton). Anyhow, we have been wanting to move up to the Kingsport area for about 3 years now. My husband's just scared, he has a really good job and is afraid of finding work, understandable. My daughter will be starting middle school in 2010 and I have been desperately searching for a not real expensive private school because the middle school that we are districted for is horrible. Gang problems, fights, poor performance. It's just not a good situation especially at such a funny(not funny as in ha ha but funny as in just plain ole weird) age. Just for the fun of it I went to site that compares schools and I was so impressed with the Kingsport School District. The performance levels are outstanding. Our school district has a general proficiency level of like 67% (which is horrible). You guys are in the high 80s and 90s. I printed out all the info to show to my husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 06:00 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Yes, Kingsport schools (city) are very good. What does your husband do? Has he looked as Eastman?

Old 04-09-2008, 06:15 AM

153 posts, read 479,917 times
He works for the Housing Authority in Bradenton. His main function is to oversee remodeling, maintenance and new construction. I think he's got a pretty good background. I'm a paralegal so I don't think I'd have too hard of a time finding a job. I told him about the schools and we're coming up there in May for vacation, so I'm hoping...

Old 04-09-2008, 08:36 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Check your DM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol