U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 11:10 PM

294 posts, read 262,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I think Ruby Tuesday is struggling, but Steak and Shake should be an easy win for Kingsport. Moe's is good. Red Lobster would probably work. Culver's would work with the Kingsport burger thing.

Still, the city is more interested in chasing Dani Cook out than addressing real issues. It's just emblematic of the bone-headedness of Kingsport leadership.
Steak and Shake is close to bankruptcy and has been closing stores so I’d say that’s not happening.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 10:15 AM

6,714 posts, read 10,135,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I think Ruby Tuesday is struggling, but Steak and Shake should be an easy win for Kingsport. Moe's is good. Red Lobster would probably work. Culver's would work with the Kingsport burger thing.

Still, the city is more interested in chasing Dani Cook out than addressing real issues. It's just emblematic of the bone-headedness of Kingsport leadership.
Yeah, Steak and Shake would be a solid catch for Kingsport. If not that, they could always put a Pals over there LOL...that could possibly work, actually. But they would have to tear down the Wendy's and just use the land.

Wondering what they'll do with Best Buy? A grocery store could go in there, maybe. But my guess is that it will sit vacant for a couple years, maybe something lower end will go into the space.

That stretch of Stone Drive does not have the prime location like the Pinnacle, at the crossroads of US Highway 11W as well as interstate 81. Same with Johnson City's mall, sitting near I-26 and busy Roan Street.

I'm realizing that Kingsport's physical retail locations are partly the reason they are fading. Fort Henry Mall is located off the beaten path, as-is the Pavilion, really. That's why Tri-Cities Crossing could've been such a huge win for them at I-26 and I-81 intersections, but in what looks to be a typical screw up by Kingsport leadership, they let Bass Pro slip away to Bristol.

Old 11-06-2019, 11:13 AM

2,157 posts, read 3,950,402 times
I disagree that FH mall is off the beaten path. There probably isn't a more prime location in all of Kingsport.

Old 11-06-2019, 02:20 PM

6,714 posts, read 10,135,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrain View Post
I disagree that FH mall is off the beaten path. There probably isn't a more prime location in all of Kingsport.
Well, I think Memorial Blvd and Fort Henry Drive were more "main roads" back when the mall was built in the mid 70s, and into the 80s. Now that we have the interstates travelling through the tri-cities, it would be better situated and more visible near I-26 or I-81, that's what I meant.

Old 11-06-2019, 04:31 PM

2,157 posts, read 3,950,402 times
I would agree with that, if you're looking for a more regional shopping attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or