Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2006, 02:01 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,454,618 times

Advertisements

Hey Folks I Was Just Wondering What You All Know About Johnson City, Tennesse...everything The People The Weather Any Racism The Academics..is It In The Middle Of Nowhere We Are From California..etc...my Girlfriend Desires To Attend Eastern Tennesse State And She Needs To Know A Little About The Campus And The City..i Greatly Appreciate It Folks Greatly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2006, 07:21 PM

302 posts, read 1,440,287 times
go up to search this forum and write in johnson city

Old 12-12-2006, 08:19 PM

506 posts, read 1,465,727 times
Good city. Definitely the best of the tri-cities (Bristol, Kingsport, & JC). It has a decent amount of culture, but if it doesn't give you enough you can always go to Asheville, NC (1 hour away). The drive is also incredibly scenic and no traffic.

Friendly people, ideal weather (some snow in winter, not too hot in the summer), plenty of land. The only thing I dislike about it would be the downtown area, but other than that, great place. Great outdoor opportunities if you are into that (hiking, camping, kayaking, white water rafting, fly-fishing, etc.). Skiing is only 30-60 minutes away in NC.

ETSU is almost in the middle of Johnson City. Nice, very old campus. The great thing about its campus and JC is that even though it is set in an "urban setting" you are only a few miles away from the mountains & rural TN. Overall I like ETSU a lot from visiting and the student body is very diverse. Check http://www.review.com for further details about the campus.

If y'all are from California, it will be much cheaper than anything you are used to. I have really never heard of any complaints about JC, although I have also never heard of anyone from CA move to Johnson City.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:01 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,454,618 times
Wow Thanks So Much Guys I Really Appreciate It
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol