Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:14 AM

54 posts, read 161,545 times

Advertisements

It's been a few days since I checked in here. So much to do!! We will be leaving for TN early, early Saturday morning and will be with our real estate agent all day Sun and Monday (Mem Day) and will be looking for a house most of next week, stopping at my sister's in Atlanta and then home the latter part of next week. I am so excited. We have some good possibiliities in Carter, Unicoi, Washington and Greene counties. I'm not sure where we will end up but I think I would like Unicoi or Carter counties better for our purposes (less action, lol). We like the other counties as well. Just this week our daughter and her husband have decided to seriously look into moving to Kingsport! We had looked there in the past but at least it won't be as far as Florida from us!

Any input on Unicoi and Carter counties?? Is there a town in Washington county or an area in Johsnson City called Unicoi also?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 12:23 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,069 times
I just wanted to wish you a happy and safe trip. I hope you find your slice of heaven. I have used unicoicounty.org and unicoi.tn.us for info on Erwin/Unicoi. We too are looking in that area... Elizabethton in carter county and I am very interested in Unicoi. I just can't wait till this summer when we can come find our home. Anyways, I just wanted to wish you the best and a safe trip. I hope those websites help.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:54 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
There is a town in Unicoi County called Unicoi.

Old 05-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Well, I guess that was a dumb question but someone was saying it was only about 15 mnutes from JC and I thought it would be further than that?

THanks, Fall, for the good wishes and I'll look up the websites.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:14 PM

The secret to that is that Unicoi is quite close to an I-26 exit. So you can be in Johnson City very quickly, via the interstate. Otherwise it would take a lot longer to get there.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:17 PM

Oh, so that's it! Just as long as it isn't too close to the Big City.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:29 PM

leavingflorida... I don't know if this will help much, but the town of Unicoi is about 10 miles from JC and the town of Erwin is further south of Unicoi. I believe they are both in Unicoi county. I had thought that Unicoi county was east of Elizabethton but it is actually south. I had pulled it up on google maps and was very suprised. I didn't actually measure the miles from E'ton to Unicoi, but I would guess Unicoi to be about 20 miles S/SE of Elizabethton. It also appears to be closer to Johnson City than E'ton is. I hope I am saying this right. You might pull up the google map and put in Unicoi as a starting point and JC or E'ton as an ending point to get a better idea. I know that E'ton is in Carter county and I can not remember if Gray or Jonesborogh is in Washington county. I think it is Jonesborogh, but I just can't remember. I do not know anything about Greene co. I could only assume it is the Greeneville area. I am sorry I can't be of any more help.
I promise that once I move there I will become familiar with the areas so I can help others on the forum the way everyone else has helped me. Of course that doesn't do any good for you...sorry

Old 05-20-2008, 02:33 PM

I do know some about Greeneville (it is in Greene county) and Washington county having been there for DH's job interviews with him and looked at some homes there. We have not been to Carter and Unicoi counties yet. We will be by next week though. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:54 PM

fallfanatic: Yep, Gray and Jonesborough are in Washington, too.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:43 PM

Thanks jab... I am glad to know that my memory hasn't totally failed me yet. Along with being new to this forum thing, I also am not that great with computers and I have trouble trying to go back and look something up without losing the site I am trying to answer on. (Am I giving away my age??) I have read so many prior threads and alot of times I know I have come across the answer someone is looking for, but I can't always remember where it was. So going back and finding it can take a while. But I try. Anyways, thanks for letting me know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol