U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 05:40 PM

7,281 posts, read 19,598,481 times

Advertisements

LauraC, as always, LOVE your post! hahahahahhaha
So right on too.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-15-2008, 12:10 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,912,938 times
With the demise of one thread, which I thought might offer some interesting and divergent viewpoints for potential, new residents (but quickly descended into absurdity), I looked around and found this one offering an entertaining and descriptive look at this area. Some really accurate and funny commentary for those considering a move here!

Am also curious where folks who've relocated here are from originally?? (we're from Connecticut, by way of NC)
Maybe that should be another thread altogether..?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:17 PM

Yes, please make a new thread on that. I think it is a great idea.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:06 PM

16,697 posts, read 16,357,556 times
Quote:
jjbradleynyc;4096039]..... is the religious aspect (and emotion included therin) overshadows people's reason and tolerance. And the "radicals" in these groups push their views on people.....
I think you've just accurately described Berkley, CA.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:59 PM

779 posts, read 3,501,229 times
Hey, my daughter resembles that remark!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,128 times
I am interested in moving to Tenn. and am looking
into the Johnson City area. I have problems with
allergies and pollution, so can someone who lives
in this area tell me how it is? If this is not a good
location for air quality, where would be?

Old 09-10-2008, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis124 View Post
I am interested in moving to Tenn. and am looking
into the Johnson City area. I have problems with
allergies and pollution, so can someone who lives
in this area tell me how it is? If this is not a good
location for air quality, where would be?
Hello, welcome to the forum!
As for allergies, it really depends on what you are allergic too. If it is tree pollen, than no, this may not be a good area for you. There are a large mix of tree varieties and lots of them. Pollution is not an issue in JC.
There have been several threads on this subject here, read through them and you will have lots of different points of view and opinions on the area.
Hope that helps.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,408 times
Default Keep Easten TN. old school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12buttons View Post
Good thinking there...

What about Mountain city versus Boone or Blowing Rock? I am from the NE but am more of a connecticut yankee cheapskate young ivy league fogey....

anyway, been contemplating where to go for pre-retirement house....no kids...writer.....lived in LA and NYC....

Bought a place in Murfreesboro but have not found my tribe here...new subdivision was my problem..everybody from NC CA and Orlando. very few natives...new money ..little kids ....unfriendly overall....made cookies for some kids up the street - never got a thank you!

Don't care for liberal tree huggers in Asheville...would have stayed in Santa Monica for that action....

I want to see nature out my back... a colonilal or reproduction...think Martha Stewart versus Annie Oakley in a loghouse...maltese versus black lab...hate the cold and snow ..need milder temps...don't need the bad air off the smokies into that stench in Asheville...paper plant? Not really fond of blue grass or basketweaving either..hahaha and oh yeah, I don't need the ankle challenge of houses on cliffs....I am cheap so would prefer TN low tax versus NC over 100 a sqft wannabes..I have a porblem with developers who price houses for the CA transplant..hahaha

any ideas or places that come to mind?

Nashville is too unhistoric for me -ti's all about changing itself..reminds me of LA...it's kinda ugly for a city..the old historic areas are not so hot..West MEade is blue blood only....the rest is developers hell....

Would like to be in a non subdivision grid..like an old town the developers left alone....local artsy eccentrics are cool...expats that run B&B's are cool...
college professors are cool....local shopkeepers are cool...techies are cool....local coffee shops are cool, folks that drive antique cars are cool... folks that try to one up their neighbor by spending more are not cool....folks that think their kids cna do no wrong and get to run around the subdiv like they own it are NOT cool......old died in the wool natives of TN who love their history are cool....okay that's all..you know the area well..can you help me get out of Murfreesboro.. to ...?????

BTW you're spot on the sunday drill- had the whole MALL to myself two weeks ago on Sunday morning...hahaha...12buttons
I am in the process of moving back to J.C. and just wanted to say that we need to keep all the freaks over in Ashville! That is why im movin to Tn. is because im tired of the mass amount of Mexicans! Have any of you been to S. Cal. lately? You actually will have a hard time finding young white folks now days. I dont hate Mexicans or anything, but before you start saying you want to see your kids doing the interracial thing you had better jump in your car and take a drive out west where it has happend. They have pretty much ran all the good white folks out of Ventura County! We need to think about what we wish for. Do you want graffiti on every wall in J.C.? Do you want the schools to fail so badly that you would be an idiot to send your kid to a public school? Thats just the way of life in good ol So. Cal.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:48 PM

6,514 posts, read 14,780,071 times
Sounds like Memphis to me.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:02 PM

38 posts, read 141,158 times
Default Retail shopping

Is there a T.J. Maxx or Marshall's close to JC? Lowe's? Home Depot? Any other retail shopping info. would be greatly appreciated! (Already know about Wal-Mart). What about grocery shopping in the area? Thanks for your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol