Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 11:33 AM

54 posts, read 301,658 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was looking at some homes in the johnson city are zips...37601,614,615...Northeast or northwest had some decent looking homes what areas would you recommend for a hardworking family of 4 looking for a quieter place to live. Where I live at here in florida the northwest area is not good ,the town of Hialeah is a nightmare and Goulds, homestead is very bad lots of drug dealers. Tell what places to avoid ..thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2007, 02:34 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Well, coming from FL myself, I can tell you for sure, you will NOT find a place here in the Tri-Cities even close to Hialeah or Homestead! Nothing that bad around here. I live in the 615, it is very nice, no real "bad" areas in this zip code, The 614 is good too except if you have to travel Roan St (east of 26) it has been under construction for quite some time now and rather a mess. 601 has some "iffy" areas,there is quite a bit of government housing in that zip code, but some really nice areas too, so you will really have to look close. The best bet of course is for you come and look around for yourself, but please don't think it will be ANYTHING like those towns in FL. It is like a different, much better, country! LOL!

Old 01-08-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Thanks again MB..

I'll try to stop in one more time before we make the final move..

Old 01-08-2007, 06:14 PM

When is the big move planned for?
Just being curious and nosy hahahahaha

Old 01-08-2007, 06:17 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Thumbs up agree with above-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookin4myMountain View Post
Hi, I was looking at some homes in the johnson city are zips...37601,614,615...Northeast or northwest had some decent looking homes what areas would you recommend for a hardworking family of 4 looking for a quieter place to live. Where I live at here in florida the northwest area is not good ,the town of Hialeah is a nightmare and Goulds, homestead is very bad lots of drug dealers. Tell what places to avoid ..thanks
37601 is the downtown, but 37604 is nice developments/State of Franklin-that's where we are. lol re: Hialeah- I have not seen ANYTHING like that- except last year=when I visited my gf in NY-lol.

sunny

Old 01-08-2007, 06:24 PM

Yes! Shoot, I forgot that zip code, I agree with Sunny too, some very nice homes in the south/wester part of Johnson City too.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,467 times
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me find some small town papers that I could find home rentals in. I have been to the times-news online paper, but I thought that there maybe another. My family and I are postive that we want to live in the tri-cities area,(Jonesborough/Johnson City) but we would like to see about lining up a rental house before we leave. I am a NJ to FL (been here since 87)transplant and my huband is a native Miamian... born and raised. We are appauled at how horribly crowded, dirty, crime ridden and dangerous SFL/ SWFL has become. Not to mention expensive. We have 4 children that are college age and two that are elementary school age. We left Miami about 9 years ago to see if we could give our littlest ones (now 9 and 7) a fighting chance (better schools, no gangs, etc.).It was quite nice up here in the Lee County area up until hurricane Charlie came....
long story short, we are seeing all of the things we left Miami for slowly infecting here too. We donot want to find someplace that is "kind of like" Florida, we want something totally not Florida. Peaceful and happy where children can play, and you dont get shot in the face because you took someon's parking place. Well, thank you so much for such a wonderful community and I look forward to any advice anyone could give. Best Wishes, Hope to hear form someone soon

Old 01-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Default thanks for your reply...

Hi, guys I am planning for April or June the latest, we are trying to get ready for the move...but yes we are sick of Florida....I would like info on rentals to online newspapers are not to good...thanks IR

Old 01-09-2007, 06:43 PM

Well, other than newspapers, I can't really head you in any other direction I can think of. I know it isn't easy. There isn't a HUGE amount of house rentals available all the time here in the Tri-Cities. But tell you what, I will make a point in the next few days to make some phone calls and do some information gathering for you both. PM me and tell me what price range and type of rental you are looking for and I'll see what I can come up with.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:52 PM

16 posts, read 51,445 times
Default I have been trying to get the same answers

Hi, sorry to break into the thread but I also am originally form NYtoFL and out of here to Tennessee. Johnson City and surrounding areas If I understand correctly the south west territory is good. Are rentals reasonable in this area. Im looking for 3 or more br. for 500-650 a month even one that needs tlc. Ideal place would be farm country with possible a place on a working farm that needs employees. Any one know of this kind of place? Thanks for letting me butt in. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol