Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 06:32 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,869,253 times

Advertisements

Can't make it over; going to the 52nd annual Highland Games at Grandfather Mountain. Celtic music, Irish dancing, gathering of the clans, and big guys in kilts throwing telephone poles plus all that gorgeous mountain scenery, too much to pass up. Be back much later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 PM

2 posts, read 2,683 times
Oh my! I have such fond memories of the the first few years of Kingsport's Fun Fest it seemed to grow each year with so many activites that it was worth taking time off from work to engage in the fun with my children. Remember when we had not only some of the best concerts and the finale of fireworks, but the crazy boat race, the tricycle race of several age groups, the trout fishing inside the mall, just to name a few of fun events from the past. Now, I have grandchildren, and have noticed the last 5-6 years there are not has many events for all age groups to participate. I have expressed this regret to other hometown folks and have been told by many police personel that our success was growing too fast and to accomadate protection for the crowd was costing too much and we just did not have the man power, thus reductions were made to the Fun Fest activites. I love my town and enjoy sharing the goodness that we have to share; however, this is an issue that Kingsport needs to address across the board. For example, Kingsport annexes property before it has the funds to afford those whom are being annexed the 'perks' that a homeowner/ city taxpayer/ those whom live in the city, is intitled too with the tax revenue being paid; such as, fire and security protection, utilities, education and so on. Surely, we could have recruited security during the week of events to allow continual growth not only for Fun Fest but this is how we attract businesses, and more citizens to come and live and work in our town.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:43 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
This year it will be held July 13-21. Here is a link to the website that has all the scoop!

Old 07-15-2012, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 955 times
Default It's been 5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
I just came down East Center St myself and boy is that place jumping!
Hope to see everyone along the parade route. If you want an inside window seat come see me and the family at 200 E. Center hahahahahha Be sure to bring a chair.
Hi MB, surprise it's me!!!!!! It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since Robert passed away. I'm doing fine. Bought a home 3 yrs. ago in Albuquerque, work part time for a doctors office and I am now a grandma twice. The oldest will be 4 in August and the youngest will be 1 in August. Heading to Philly next month for a visit. How are things your way? Keep in touch. Klosk1949

Old 07-17-2012, 09:53 AM

981 posts, read 1,620,966 times
I don't even see the purpose of the parade. It just seems to exist for free advertisement and to get yourself on TV.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:03 PM

431 posts, read 1,219,986 times
Default Oh the joys of Fun Fest. :)

I am happy that we have a Fun Fest and that so many people enjoy it. I am mostly one of the "stay as far away from the fun fest crowds as possible" people. I just can't stand the heat anymore... (and I am not fond of huge crowds).

I did take my daughter to see Rodney Atkins one year and it was good, potty dilemma aside. LOL. (Taking a 6 yr old by myself and wondering if I should leave my chairs and food unattended while I took her to the porta potty way across the stadium. Turned out fine though.) The best concert I saw was when me and hubby went to see Luke Bryan and it was wonderful !!!

One of my favorite things to go to is the balloon glow because it is at night and it's so pretty. I am gonna have to look and see if they are having it this year. We snagged a really good parking place at the health department last time.

I wish I had a friend who lived near DB who would let me rent a parking place from them ! I might consider going to more things then !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol