Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:33 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,261,228 times

Advertisements

Ok, this thread deteriorated very fast and it will be closed. I contemplated deleting the thread entirely due to the number of insults and vast sweeping statements, but I think it is best to leave it. There are many people from many walks of life who move anywhere and everywhere around the world. However I do think it is important for anyone moving to an area, anywhere, to realize that:
1. This is America, freedom of speech (and in CD terms as long as it is within the T.O.S.) which means freedom of thought and choices to do what you want when you want within the law. TN, Tri-Cities or anywhere else is not immune to that right.
2. Due to population numbers verses land mass, if anyone thinks they can find their utopia, where they can live surrounded only by people just like them and only similar thought process, well, this is 2008, just not going to happen anywhere, and if you do manage to find that place, it won't stay that way very long. Heck, look at the polygamist compound in Texas, even they couldn't barricade themselves into their own beliefs for very long.
So, I will leave this thread closed but readable to let everyone who comes along researching the Tri-Cities know by this thread (and some others) that there are many walks of life and some diversity, even in the bible belt.
And on a personal note, this moderator happens to be a Christian mother who loves living in TN and respects everyones right to live life as they choose as I hope others would give me the same respect.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol