Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 12:14 PM

79 posts, read 254,768 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Anyone ever eat at Pal's? What kind of food is it? Is it any good?
What about Cootie Browns? the name alone makes me chuckle so I wonder what is the food like?
I have a restaurant guide but was just wondering what locals thought.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2006, 02:57 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Hi Ron and Trish! Haven't heard from you in a while, thought once you moved here we wouldn't hear from you any more, glad your still posting
I like Cootie Brown's. I saw the other day that they are opening one in Kingsport. The one in J.C. is good. It is kind of a fun, hip, hippy kinda place, good burgers and an ok grilled veggie sandwich. In JC there seats are old bus seats and there are cute cartoonish murals painted on the walls.
Pal's kinda scarred me at first. a small cement block drive threw building with big hot dog, and fries on the roof......but looks are deceiving, for a quick fast food place they are pretty good. The owner is local and every store has always been top rated for cleanliness. Order there tea half sweet, half unsweet, double peach...YUMMY!

Old 12-11-2006, 09:35 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Default a good recommendation-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTrish1022 View Post
Hi all,
Anyone ever eat at Pal's? What kind of food is it? Is it any good?
What about Cootie Browns? the name alone makes me chuckle so I wonder what is the food like?
I have a restaurant guide but was just wondering what locals thought.
Thanks!
Cootie Browns is very good- has a lot of veggie and thin crust pizzas- eclectic salads; its popular in Johnson City.

Pal's well- it is fast food.

keep this thread going! I found Nature Food Centres on S of Franklin- they no longer prepare sandwiches though-

sunny.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 PM

408 posts, read 1,977,351 times
I've not eaten at either place as of yet. I just wanted to mention that I have seen coupons in the Johnson City Press for Cootie Brown's; it may make it worth trying out to save money. On the Pal's website, you can play a slot machine looking game to win free food. I think you need to search Pal's sudden service to get the site. All I ever win is a free tea (and I don't like tea).

Old 12-11-2006, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanesmooch View Post
I've not eaten at either place as of yet. I just wanted to mention that I have seen coupons in the Johnson City Press for Cootie Brown's; it may make it worth trying out to save money. On the Pal's website, you can play a slot machine looking game to win free food. I think you need to search Pal's sudden service to get the site. All I ever win is a free tea (and I don't like tea).
Email em to me!! I love there tea!

Old 12-12-2006, 08:02 AM

86 posts, read 333,650 times
Default More on Pal's and Cootie Brown's

Actually, there is a Cootie Brown's in Kingsport...has been opened for several months and is located in the East Stone Commons shopping mall complex. For those new to the area just a little history on Pal's. It is a drive through fast food establishment and there are about 35-40 establishments in the region. One of their claims to fame is just how quickly they can fill an order. Once you have completed your order at the first window, it is ready at the pick-up window in about 20 seconds. Pal's won the national Malcolm Baldrige quality award in 2001...the only restaurant chain to ever win the award. If you are in a hurry for a fast food meal this is a good place to go...and the tea is great!

Old 12-12-2006, 09:59 AM

Wink thanks for the info

Hey mouse yes were still here and posting, only way we get good solid info on the area.
So we will be having family come in within the next month or so, and we are searching for a nice restaurant, maybe with a view, I thought I read somewhere bout a restaurant with mountain views but have not been able to locate it, then again maybe I imagined reading it..Sagerbrush is that the name? is nice and Im sure my Dad would love throwing peanut shells on the floor but we're just looking for something alittle nicer with possibly a variety of food choices. So if anyone got some ideas it would be great, and I wouldnt mind heading to JC for it either.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:30 PM

86 posts, read 333,650 times
Default Reataurants in Kingsport

RonTrish; To me one of the best values in Kingsport is Cheddars, going a little more upscale is Chop House. Pacific Grill in downtown Kingsport is a bit more pricey and I've only been there once and that was over a year ago.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:42 PM

Default c'mon out local peeps

OK what in the world is Purple Cow??? Is that also fast food??
There's a restaurant on Netherlin Road view of the river--anyone know the name???..thanks to all

Old 02-11-2007, 12:49 PM

Hi Guys.
I giggle too every time I drive by that place hahahahaha. I have yet to try it (cause I forget about till after I have eaten) but my son says it's "awesome" now mind you that is coming form a 19 year old with an iron stomach, so take that anyway you want LOL! I understand it to be fast food at a good price when I hear folks mention it.
As far as funny named restaurants go, there is the Red Pig in Johnson City behind the Blockbuster on Roan. It is know for it's BBQ but has GREAT sandwiches and salads and is the place office workers go for lunch and take out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol