Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 02:55 PM

81 posts, read 165,976 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know for sure when kids are going Trick or Treating? I figure it's not til Monday, but my daughter says kids at school are saying it's on Saturday due to Halloween being a school night. So far I"m not finding anything on the news, so figure I'll ask here in case I missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 03:57 PM

107 posts, read 257,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bk2TN View Post
Does anyone know for sure when kids are going Trick or Treating? I figure it's not til Monday, but my daughter says kids at school are saying it's on Saturday due to Halloween being a school night. So far I"m not finding anything on the news, so figure I'll ask here in case I missed it.
What city do you live in? I posted this same question recently and everyone assumed it would be Monday night. But I have been told that Johnson City tries to do it on Saturdays due to school and I've yet to receive confirmation.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:03 PM

81 posts, read 165,976 times
Oops, meant to put that in there and then got side tracked. I'm in Kingsport.

I've heard of them moving T&T when Halloween falls on a Sunday, but have never had it moved when it's during the week. Can understand the churches and town having festivities on Saturday night, but haven't heard anything about T&Ting itself.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 5,534 times
off the asheville hwy in greeneville there is a little community on the right. Its after you pass the stores but before you get to debusk and the trick or treating there is amazing...we went to that area before we moved to JC. Hope this helps

Old 10-28-2011, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenninJC View Post
Is there any website that has a list of trick or treat activities for 10/31 in the tri-cities area, more specifically, Johnson City?

I know about Walnut St, but we have been the last 2 years and it is a bit too crowded for my enjoyment - not to mention the candy isn't that great

Thanks for any info you might have!

Local officials gave us these times and locations for Halloween trick-or-treating.Bristol Va -- Monday October 31Johnson City -- Monday, October 31, 3 - 5 p.m. on Walnut StreetJohnson City -- Monday, October 31, 3 - 9 p.m. on Martin Farm Rd near Martin Dale EstatesBoone's Creek Christian Church -- Trunks of Treats will be Monday, Oct. 31 6 - 8 p.m.Sullivan County Sheriff's Department Trunk or Treat -- Monday, October 31, 6 - 8 p.m. at the Sheriff’s Department in Blountville.Blountville, TN -- Trunk-or-Treat will be Mon., Oct. 31, 2011, 6 - 8 p.m.Abingdon, Va. -- Monday, October 31Mountain City -- Monday, October 31 from 6 - 8 p.m.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:35 AM

53 posts, read 149,107 times
Rogersville Trunk or Treat: Rogersville's Trunk or Treat event offers safe Halloween alternative- Kingsport Times-News

• Wesley Memorial United Methodist, 225 Princeton Road, Johnson City, will host Trunks of Treats beginning at 3:30 p.m., Oct. 30.

• The Historic District of Downtown Blountville will host trunk-or-treating from 6 to 8 p.m., Oct. 31. Popcorn, candy and other goodies will be available. Call (423) 341-3641.

• Kingsport Town Center will host a night of Halloween Trick-or-Treatingfrom 6 to 9 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 31. Children 12 and under can trick-or-treat store to store while supplies last. Visitors can also enjoy the Kiwanis Club Halloween Carnival, featuring family fun, games and prizes, Halloween pet photos for ghouls and goblins, and a Halloween costume contest. Call (423) 246-1697 or visit the mall’s website at www. kingsporttowncenter. com for details and entry forms.

I'm kinda thinking the "Thursday Oct 31" is a typo on the newspapers part...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol