Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2008, 01:25 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times

Advertisements

What is there to do at night? Are there any good clubs to go to? What kind of music do they play? Is it all week long or just on the weekends? Are there any good websites to look for these things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 06:15 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,224,480 times
Not sure about Bristol. Well, I do know that Bristol has O'Mainnins which is pretty freakin awesome, or at least it was during Rhythm & Roots.

Johnson City has Chrome, Club Karma, Second Level, CrowBar, Electric Cowboy, New Beginnings (gay bar), Downtown Rafters, Fuzzy Hole (not recommended... obviously), Halo, and then the Stir Fry Café basically turns into a club some nights. I've probably missed a couple. I think Vision is a new one I heard about, but that *might* be in Kingsport.

Then there are some sports bars around, Bailey's, Capone's (the Swinging Pachyderms are there tonight!). Also there's always music at Down Home and the Acoustic Coffeehouse (or the place next door, I think its name is actually Next Door) through the week and on the weekends. Poor Richard's Campus sometimes has music; not sure if Poor Richard's Uptown ever has music or not.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:21 PM

Forgot to mention. Gotricities.com is a good place to see upcoming events. Some of these places have their own websites, too, and are easily Googleable.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:49 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Forgot to mention. Gotricities.com is a good place to see upcoming events. Some of these places have their own websites, too, and are easily Googleable.
Thanks! Are they all in the same vicinity?

Old 12-06-2008, 08:20 PM

They... the Johnson City clubs I mentioned? Some of them are walkable. You could feasibly go from Karma to Second Level to Halo to the Hideaway to Capone's, and then to Rafters if you don't mind walking along a four lane under an interstate. A guy was killed a couple months ago crossing the street to get to Second Level. I'd say that's a rare occurrence, though.

Otherwise you'll have to drive. Everything in Johnson City is within a few miles (remember we're a city of 65k), and at night you'd have no trouble getting to any of these places in 10-15 minutes.

Old 12-06-2008, 08:27 PM

I forgot about the Casbah, if it's still open. Rob Russell & the Sore Losers play there a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol