U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 AM

8 posts, read 40,722 times

Advertisements

Thank you once again for the awesome photos....I want to leave Illinois now!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,147,164 times
View from Edens View Rd. in east Kingsport, with Virginia's Clinch Mountain in the background:

The imposing E.W. King house in Bristol, TN is supposed to be turned into a museum sometime:

Looking down at one end of Bristol's Steele Creek Park Lake from a cliffside trail:

Scenes in the Fordtown area between Colonial Heights and Gray:

Old 04-22-2009, 08:58 PM

Seen along an 8-mile walk near Baileyton (Greene Co.) today...

Walking over I-81:

Anyone know what this thing is? I assume it has something to do with cattle, but I'm not sure:

Here's a great way to get shot: snap a few pics of somebody's prize gamecocks! These guys were engaged in a spirited crowing competition with a bunch of their friends across the road, which is just one of many good reasons to check out an "idyllic place in the country" before you buy:

Now this is more like it! Dykes Hawkins Rd. is an absolutely wonderful place to walk. The water-filled ditches along both sides of the road were full of small fish, tadpoles & crawdads, while red-winged blackbirds and barn swallows darted overhead:

Ginormous house off Old Baileyton Road:

Barn shots:

Last edited by kamoshika; 04-22-2009 at 09:55 PM..

Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 PM

Coming back home from Baileyton on Horton Highway, I spotted this pretty little pond:

I then took three different loop roads that connect to Horton Hwy.

Mountain Loop:

I love this house!

Fodderstack Mountain Loop:

And my favorite, Chimneytop Mountain Loop:

Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 PM

6,514 posts, read 14,760,711 times
Beautiful pix, kamoshika. I love northern Greene; it's still so rural. Southern Greene County where I'm from is filled with houses now.

The thing you were asking about. I'd have to see it closer? It almost looks like a feeder (like for hay) but the only problem is as far as I can see there's no way to get the hay in there. Maybe one side opens up and you can put a round bale in there or square bales. It's too big for salt blocks. Eh, I really don't know? Weird. The bags or whatever hanging around the sides are odd, too.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:19 AM

128 posts, read 304,430 times
I think someone else commented that these pictures really look like paintings.... it's so true, the colors really pop, they're amazing pictures....the picture with the caption "Coming back home from Baileyton on Horton Highway, I spotted this pretty little pond" would make a very good painting! I have no artistic ability unfortunately!

Old 04-23-2009, 05:06 PM

72 posts, read 206,915 times
Once again, Kamoshika, your ability to capture light and color is truly inspiring. Are you sure you just use a small digital camera? I like the one from inside the barn and the shadow of the fence with the llama. Good stuff all around.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,555,261 times
all great, but my faves this round are the three of Chimney Mtn Loop. I should probably stop looking at these for a while until I am closer to moving day....er, make that moving year! If I could take the financial loss on the housing mkt, I'd leave now! I remember being on 81 last year & with every mile further south, I kept thinking I'd found home at last! BTW, great tip about the idyllic land vs. the gamecock farm - I never even thought about that!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:40 PM

4,229 posts, read 16,036,704 times
Kamoshika, The shot with the pretty little pond really made my day. Great pictures and I'm glad to get a preview of what else I get to see in less then a month!

Old 04-24-2009, 02:54 PM

7,281 posts, read 19,581,433 times
I love those loop Rd's! Just beautiful pictures as always.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol