U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:37 AM

243 posts, read 629,393 times

Advertisements

You could find a lot of that out by watching "the high cost of walmart" movie or something like that. I saw it on IFC one night.

Anyway- I love Publix. Like I said, it will be the only thing I miss about Nashville (besides the hockey).
Rate this post positively

Old 02-17-2009, 12:16 PM

62 posts, read 237,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindsolitude View Post
You could find a lot of that out by watching "the high cost of walmart" movie or something like that. I saw it on IFC one night.

Anyway- I love Publix. Like I said, it will be the only thing I miss about Nashville (besides the hockey).

You are correct ! that was one of the best documentaries that was practically ignored nationwide

Another one was done by CNBC-- excellent

I knew about these bogus people years and years ago

But people are SHEEP ! they loved being cajoled and lied to
most don't want to know the truth about Walmart- but again, there are a lot of dumb uniformed people out there and will continue to be out there-

Guess what the average educational level is for a Walmart customer/employee?

then guess what the average educational level is for a Publix Customer and a Target customer/employee

SIDENOTE:

Walton's grandaughter Elizabeth Paige Laurie, was essentially forced to return a Bachelor's Diploma from USC
from the Anneberg School of Communication
because he paid someone to do her homework----20K

does that tell you anything ???

Last edited by DebFlack; 02-17-2009 at 12:31 PM..

Old 02-17-2009, 02:32 PM

42,043 posts, read 26,151,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebFlack View Post
You are correct ! that was one of the best documentaries that was practically ignored nationwide

Another one was done by CNBC-- excellent

I knew about these bogus people years and years ago

But people are SHEEP ! they loved being cajoled and lied to
most don't want to know the truth about Walmart- but again, there are a lot of dumb uniformed people out there and will continue to be out there-

Guess what the average educational level is for a Walmart customer/employee?

then guess what the average educational level is for a Publix Customer and a Target customer/employee

SIDENOTE:

Walton's grandaughter Elizabeth Paige Laurie, was essentially forced to return a Bachelor's Diploma from USC
from the Anneberg School of Communication
because he paid someone to do her homework----20K

does that tell you anything ???
It tells me that your hatred of Wal-Mart goes so far as to slam Walton relations for no other reason than your hatred of Wal-Mart.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:38 PM

6,514 posts, read 14,776,331 times
Why, thank you, I work at Target!

Old 02-17-2009, 05:26 PM

7,281 posts, read 19,595,241 times
Well, I just got back from shopping at Wal-Mart, guess that makes me a fat, ignorant sheep that can't divide???

(y'all that know me and know what I do....stop laughing )

The point: some may want/need to scale back on the stereotyping please, and I am not just talking about the shopping issue.

Old 02-18-2009, 06:52 AM

243 posts, read 629,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post

The point: some may want/need to scale back on the stereotyping please, and I am not just talking about the shopping issue.
Agreed.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:00 PM

62 posts, read 237,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It tells me that your hatred of Wal-Mart goes so far as to slam Walton relations for no other reason than your hatred of Wal-Mart.

There is no good reason to admire or exhalt demonstrated anti-Semites, clearly prejudiced and biased companies, their founders, their executives and HR managers, or even some of their employees-

My opinion is couched in the facts, and what I heard with my own ears coming out of the mouth of one of "Sam's" daughters, and a few senior level managers.

Other abuses of WalMart employees by management are clearly evident, and well documented, and part of the public record in the form of interrogatories, court transcripts, and direct evidence/testimony.

There is no need to internalize my opinion just because you don't 'like' it or wish to avoid the true record.

I would suggest mildy and politely that the 'hatred' to which you allude, is more appropriately placed on the 'doorstep' of the Waltons and their longtime racist associations and demonstrated attitudes. Rich rednecks and anti-Semites don't get a pass.

Walmart is a profitable 'retailer' no doubt----that doesn't make them a 'good' one in the larger sense of comunity, ethcial standards, and their own history of how they got there, and currently matriculate in a just and moral business community.

If you shop at WallyWorld, then God bless you----your business, your money, your choice.

Their history and methodologies still suk, and are still subject to review, and continued scrutiny.

Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 PM

15,763 posts, read 28,848,810 times
Moderator Note: This is the second reminder for this thread to stay on topic (Supermarkets in the area). Thanks!

Old 02-18-2009, 12:24 PM

42,043 posts, read 26,151,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebFlack View Post
There is no good reason to admire or exhalt demonstrated anti-Semites, clearly prejudiced and biased companies, their founders, their executives and HR managers, or even some of their employees-

My opinion is couched in the facts, and what I heard with my own ears coming out of the mouth of one of "Sam's" daughters, and a few senior level managers.

Other abuses of WalMart employees by management are clearly evident, and well documented, and part of the public record in the form of interrogatories, court transcripts, and direct evidence/testimony.

There is no need to internalize my opinion just because you don't 'like' it or wish to avoid the true record.

I would suggest mildy and politely that the 'hatred' to which you allude, is more appropriately placed on the 'doorstep' of the Waltons and their longtime racist associations and demonstrated attitudes. Rich rednecks and anti-Semites don't get a pass.

Walmart is a profitable 'retailer' no doubt----that doesn't make them a 'good' one in the larger sense of comunity, ethcial standards, and their own history of how they got there, and currently matriculate in a just and moral business community.

If you shop at WallyWorld, then God bless you----your business, your money, your choice.

Their history and methodologies still suk, and are still subject to review, and continued scrutiny.
You had a post regarding Alice Walton, but I can no longer find it. I'm pretty sure Alice never worked for Wal-Mart, but possibly I'm wrong. I'm not wrong in pointing out that the girl who cheated in college has never worked for Wal-Mart, so it seems to me that your animosity is the only reason you cited her in your Wal-Mart bash.

Wal-Mart employs people from all over the world, so whatever Sam Walton's opinions 30-40 years ago, it's not like you're making a case that Wal-Mart is currently anti-Semitic.

I have plenty of issues with Wal-Mart. It seems you do, as well. But your posts are pretty vitriolic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol