Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:15 PM

243 posts, read 689,443 times

Advertisements

Copperhead Road is a good song. They play it all the time on the rock station here in Nashville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 10:45 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,329,426 times
Hello Tri Cities!
This thread would be easier to find if it was a sticky. Spring is here in Knoxville- the trees are budding out! How about anyone else? Spring arriving in your area?
Pam

Old 03-11-2009, 12:39 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,553,386 times
Pam,
Can you send some that Knoxville weather up to Wisconsin? We're experiencing 50+ mph wind gusts today and wind chills in single digits. How's the weather in the Tri-Cities? Man I checked the weather yesterday online and seen it was 69 in Mountain City, That's what I call nice!

When I was in Kingsport last fall I made it to Bays Mountain. The planetarium was closed at the time for renovations. I just visited the site today and see they just had the grand reopening. Anyone attend the event?

Last edited by mbmouse; 03-11-2009 at 05:09 PM..

Old 03-11-2009, 05:12 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,240,213 times
This thread is now good and "Stuck"
I did notice that the Bradford pears and a few other trees are starting to show a bit of color starting. I am also listing to the news cast that is about to come on and he said the "S" word!!! (snow).
My daffodils and crocuses are up, my phlox has a few flowers bloomed and several buds. Tulips are popping up. Yea! Come on spring!

Old 03-11-2009, 06:48 PM

Mary Beth, When you start mentioning tulips that really gets me into the spring fever. To me Tulips= Easter = Spring.lol It was brutally cold up here today. It's currently 18.3 right now with a windchill of 8. The sun is setting and it sure looks beautiful, kinda weird for such a cold day.lol

Looks like some rain is heading towards the tri cities? Possibly tonight?

Old 03-11-2009, 08:16 PM

15,966 posts, read 20,923,733 times
Snow? Wow, I wouldn't mind one more last light dusting of snow, then I'll have it all out of my system and be ready for spring. (Y'all know I moved here just for the snow, right? )
I have a tulip popping up in my yard too, just sort of randomly in the middle of the yard, all alone, looking lost and out of place, LOL. I did transplant some daffodils that I potted up in Memphis and brought with me. I hope they take, since they were already past their bloom when I dug them up.

Are there any parks or neighborhoods, or anything in this area where there are a lot of cherry trees? Sometimes I like to just go for a drive and look at all the trees blooming, and I especially like cherry blossoms.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:05 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,240,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Snow? Wow, I wouldn't mind one more last light dusting of snow, then I'll have it all out of my system and be ready for spring. (Y'all know I moved here just for the snow, right? )
I have a tulip popping up in my yard too, just sort of randomly in the middle of the yard, all alone, looking lost and out of place, LOL. I did transplant some daffodils that I potted up in Memphis and brought with me. I hope they take, since they were already past their bloom when I dug them up.

Are there any parks or neighborhoods, or anything in this area where there are a lot of cherry trees? Sometimes I like to just go for a drive and look at all the trees blooming, and I especially like cherry blossoms.
The Tree Streets in JC has lots of trees. Drive up by Bay's mountain and walking around that area usually has lots of blooms. I haven't been to Willow Springs in the spring, but I know all around that Antioch rd area has a lot so I would assume it does as well.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 PM

Anybody ever see any snakes while hiking in NE Tennessee? I was surprised I didn't see any last fall.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,329,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
Pam,
Can you send some that Knoxville weather up to Wisconsin? We're experiencing 50+ mph wind gusts today and wind chills in single digits. How's the weather in the Tri-Cities? Man I checked the weather yesterday online and seen it was 69 in Mountain City, That's what I call nice!

When I was in Kingsport last fall I made it to Bays Mountain. The planetarium was closed at the time for renovations. I just visited the site today and see they just had the grand reopening. Anyone attend the event?
Josh,

Today was chilly here and looked like rain all day. Hope your winter weather clears out soon. You feeling any better?
I even gave in tonight and closed all the windows, my feet are like ice cubes!
Dubble- I hope sincerely you do not get your wish of one last dusting of snow!
Pam

Old 03-11-2009, 09:26 PM

17,997 posts, read 9,007,425 times
Good Evening Everyone!! took a little bit to find this place. It needs to be stickied!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol