Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 01:00 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Snow? Where did that come from? I really need to pay more attention to the weather forecasts LOL. I went out yesterday and bought a trowel and a few other gardening odds and ends and I was all prepared to go out this morning and stick a few plants in the ground. Guess I'll just sit here with a nice cup of tea and watch the snow fall for a while.
BTW did anyone make it to the home and garden show last weekend, see anything new or exciting?
Yea, sitting here watching the snow fall on the daffodils starting to come up.
Welcome to odd pre spring weather in N.E. TN!
Yes, I went to the home show. It was pretty good, some new things, such as some new style tubs and bathroom sinks, didn't really care for them myself. There were also two new companies that did those rebath in one day. Was interesting. Didn't win a single drawing, but that is my normal luck anyway LOL!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 09:19 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
UGHHHH I am so sick of snow. I was seriously heartbroken when I woke up this morning lol. Then as I was scraping the like two inches off my car (it drifted onto it), plus scraping the frozen ice-snow off the windshield itself, the insane wind we've had here for a week decided to blow all the snow in MY FACE.

Where's May!?!?!?

Old 02-22-2009, 09:34 PM

Anyone else planing on going to the big Mardi Gras party in downtown JC in the King building Tuesday night? Gonna be a blast.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:05 PM

5,985 posts, read 4,376,856 times
Speaking of snow, does anyone here have memories of the second weekend in March, 1993?

Old 03-01-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
Speaking of snow, does anyone here have memories of the second weekend in March, 1993?
Boy my husband does! I hadn't moved here to TN yet, but he has shown me pictures several times of the snow and always adds..."and that was in MARCH!" hahahhahah

Old 03-01-2009, 07:17 PM

30 posts, read 82,251 times
I have to say that I'm glad to see this thread! I absolutely love NE TN and I can't wait for Spring to get here so I can get my hands into the soil to garden!

The only thing that I've found that I don't like is up here where I am, there are an abundance of coyotes. But I'm a nature lover and know that they have a right to live too. So I'll deal with them.

Last night we rescued a kitten from them. Other than that, I love NE TN!! It beats NY any old day!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:18 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,622,954 times
Ahh, the Blizzard of '93 - heaven for an 8 year old. Snow tunnels, Snow forts, and Snow cream. We didn't have power for at least 5 days.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:57 AM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
I remember it too. It drifted all around where we lived at the time (rural southern Greene) and most of the snow was over my five year old head. We didn't have power for a few days, but my grandparents didn't have power for nearly two weeks!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:04 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,190,566 times
In Mountain City it was like living in Antartica! I remember my husband slowly shovelling his way up the lane to check on a project, along with our three dogs.. And all that showed was the very tips of their tails!

Old 03-03-2009, 05:40 PM

77 posts, read 246,221 times
Default Spring - where are you?

I love the snow & cold, but I'm ready to play in the dirt and see some color! I like the idea of raised, manageable flower/veg beds. I may have to try that this year, too. I'm not sure concrete or even stone would be good for a small garden during the peak summer heat. I've had some potted plants in concrete mix pots that I just can't keep up with the watering (and I think the heat gets to the roots). Just a thought. I think wood would be better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol