Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 PM

17 posts, read 56,792 times

Advertisements

What I had at Jacks was good...wings were great but what I took home for my husband was not. He had boxed chicken for 10.95...seriously banquet chicken....we'll go back but we won't order the chicken...strawberry cake is to die for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM

295 posts, read 750,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Yet the parking lot is packed, especially on weekends?!
The parking lot is packed at El Chico, and El Matador too but that doesn't mean it's worth going inside to eat [laugh]

I think they need to rethink what they could be. The place certainly has potential. I heard talk that Cootie's in K-port was never as good as the one here on Roan Ave. Same management moved here after they sold that one [maybe ?]

My girlfriend has stopped in two or three times just for beverages and gnoshies with co-workers after a shift. They had fun. I don't remember it being expensive myself...but like I said, I found it kind of un-memorable. I think they could move in some different directions with their menu that would be distinctive from Cootie's and distinctive from what is already around town and it could be a cool place.

Last edited by NorthernLights; 05-21-2009 at 08:02 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 09:04 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,314,459 times
I personally think the Coottie Browns in Kingsports food was MUCH better, along with the atmosphere than JC's branch.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 PM

295 posts, read 750,243 times
Didn't get to visit there before they closed. I only read reviews that weren't positive.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 PM

2 posts, read 7,374 times
Quote:
Anyone been to Jack's yet? It's the new (Cootie Browns-owned) restaurant where Lonestar went out.

I've been there twice now. PACKED both times, and the food is delish! A+!

Well to be honest, I had lunch there today. The place looked great, but the food was very dry, and the meat that came with the meal, was like rubber. I had taken two bites and my employees the same, we decided that we would like to try something different. The server came by the table, asked if everything was ok. I replied, that the food was bad and would like to try something else. He told me that he couldn't do anything, after he walks away, he even came back to the table and told me and my employees that he was adding up how much more to put on my check for the extras (mushrooms and black olives). I asked for a manager, a young boy comes to the table, and gives no name or asked the complaint, and takes the check out of my hands. Five min later, he comes back says this is all i can do thanks so much. Takes seven dollars off a 6 person check, walks away, server returns and i tell him to be honest and tell me who that boy was. He says he is not a manager, he was a cook, on break!!! Says, you should have ordered what i told you to get, I can't help the food was bad, i didn't cook it. I give the server the money for the check, he says thanks and walks away, laughing to co-workers and doesn't return. I have never been treated as I was today.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:33 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,224,480 times
Wow. Really? That sounds awful. Seems like customer service at Jack's is lacking...

Old 05-29-2009, 07:06 AM

2 posts, read 7,374 times
Quote:
Wow. Really? That sounds awful. Seems like customer service at Jack's is lacking...

Yes, very!!!! I just hope that customers are treated better, than what I experienced. Maybe, one day I'll return, hoping for a different outcome.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 3,680 times
It sounds like onedragonwarrior is not a very forgiving person. Without feed back the management can not make things right. If they where not on site that particular night then they need time to fix the problem with the help of the customers telling them of the problems. If after you have communcated the problem they still don't fix it then I could understand your lack of forgiveness.

I must add, telling te staff members that are the problem is not going to solve the problem. Management and or the owners need to be made aware.

Last edited by mbmouse; 05-29-2009 at 07:57 AM..

Old 05-31-2009, 01:28 PM

34 posts, read 75,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrywy View Post
It sounds like onedragonwarrior is not a very forgiving person. Without feed back the management can not make things right. If they where not on site that particular night then they need time to fix the problem with the help of the customers telling them of the problems. If after you have communcated the problem they still don't fix it then I could understand your lack of forgiveness.

I must add, telling te staff members that are the problem is not going to solve the problem. Management and or the owners need to be made aware.
agreed.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:06 PM

46 posts, read 131,722 times
Hopefully, the manager will speak to the individual at the register. That type of an attitude should not be found there.

I live in another state and was in Johnson City in March but next time I'm there I'll try it.

Unfortunately it sounds like you had horrible service and I can understand your feelings. Let's just

hope it was a one time mistake and if you try it again you'll have great service. Make sure you know your waiter/waitress' name. Maybe that might make a difference.

Maybe give them one more chance.......and if you have the same outcome....well most likely with service like that they won't be open long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol