U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 07:24 AM

6,514 posts, read 14,755,454 times

Advertisements

Oh, good, so the evening won't be guided conversation with hand-smacking for thread drift...

I'm glad it so far away. Right now I'm frumpy and frazzled and still have four quite substantial papers left to finish and various other things that I've forgotten and/or have written down on little scraps of paper in my backpack. Will it be okay if I show up with half my hair pulled out?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 07:31 AM

20,544 posts, read 27,462,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
Oh, good, so the evening won't be guided conversation with hand-smacking for thread drift...

I'm glad it so far away. Right now I'm frumpy and frazzled and still have four quite substantial papers left to finish and various other things that I've forgotten and/or have written down on little scraps of paper in my backpack. Will it be okay if I show up with half my hair pulled out?
Good luck with your papers. You would think after all that stress you should be allowed to have a drink, lol. No drinks but you can get married and go to war and fight for our country, right?

Old 04-28-2009, 08:13 AM

166 posts, read 469,095 times
Lisa, I've moved a lot. From several towns in CT, there to SW VA, to Richmond for a few months to Knoxville for a few weeks, finally settled in JC.

Thank you for the reassurance everybody. Are we restricting any topics, though - i.e. religion and politics? The last thing I'd want to see is any crazy heated debate in person

Old 04-28-2009, 08:26 AM

7,281 posts, read 19,576,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey. View Post
Lisa, I've moved a lot. From several towns in CT, there to SW VA, to Richmond for a few months to Knoxville for a few weeks, finally settled in JC.

Thank you for the reassurance everybody. Are we restricting any topics, though - i.e. religion and politics? The last thing I'd want to see is any crazy heated debate in person
My stance is: I want a night off, all that is up to y'all! LOL!
I am looking forward to meeting everyone and haveing a good time.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 AM

6,514 posts, read 14,755,454 times
Ooh, I want a night off, too. Of course by then I'll be in full summer vacation mode so all my nights will be off!

Lisa, thanks, I know, right? A bit ridiculous. I still manage to get my alcohol. And, technically, no, I can't get married, but that's a huge topic for a totally different discussion board!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone too. I have this weird feeling I'll get there, see someone face to face and go, "Holy cow! I already know you!" LOL

Old 04-28-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I'm looking forward to meeting everyone too. I have this weird feeling I'll get there, see someone face to face and go, "Holy cow! I already know you!" LOL
I am thinking the same thing! Would that not be a trip??!!! LOL

Old 04-28-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey. View Post

Sounds like you've gotten to see a lot of places. I'm originally from NY to FL to NY to NC to FL and then in a motor home traveling the country for a few years and finally to TN. My DH and I have been in this area on and off since 1996. Yay TN.

I don't mind a fun spirited debate but I "hate" fighting so safe topics are good to me. I think we will all just have a lot of fun and a casual evening.

I know I won't know any of you by face because I don't live and shop close by. But I bet a lot of you will recognize Mike and I. Hey now you will get to see our faces, lol. I might even have to ask you guys to take a picture of us. We never get any pictures of us together.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:06 PM

I will be sure to bring the camera Lisa and take some for ya.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
I will be sure to bring the camera Lisa and take some for ya.
That's sweet and of course we need a group shot.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:33 PM

15,208 posts, read 11,002,537 times
MB, is this a black tie affair......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol