U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 AM

507 posts, read 2,096,340 times

Advertisements

Now I am just the opposite to ya'll. I don't want my pizza drenched in sauce. We got one from Rocky's once, {which is a knock-off to Greg's} and they had put so much sauce on it, that was all you could taste. I like my pizza to be even with the amounts, so that one taste isn't overpowering another. I thought they did that just to save on their food cost. They can put more sauce on a pizza and less cheese or other toppings, which the customer shouldn't be cheated out of what they are paying for.
Their pizzas are around $12, and shouldn't be skimped on!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 12:12 PM

2,163 posts, read 3,964,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakilaTheHun View Post
Also, just for the record, I'm a lots-of-sauce-but-not-much-cheese guy, too. In fact, if I ever started a pizza restaurant myself, I would promote "saucepizzas" that are loaded with sauce, but have either no cheese or little cheese. The benefits of that are (a) it's much healthier and (b) it's much cheaper since cheese is the most expensive ingredient on most pizzas.
You could also sell to the pizza traditionalists. There is no where in the tricities to get a classic pizza margherita that I know of. All you'd need is a good thin crust, high quality sauce, basil, and put the mozzarella on in clumps.

We could also use a place that does a REAL deep dish.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 PM

383 posts, read 823,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrain View Post
There is no where in the tricities to get a classic pizza margherita that I know of.
Carabbas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrain View Post
We could also use a place that does a REAL deep dish.

Amen to that

Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 PM

128 posts, read 304,585 times
Give me a pizza that's light on the sauce, medium on the cheese, and heavy on the pepperoni any day and i'll be a happy man.... i don't care WHO makes it...as long as the taste is at least half decent.

Up here in new york there are, almost literally, pizza places on every street corner, but most of them truly are awful (yet they all have their loyal followers), i prefer to stick to the chains like pizza hut and domino's.....however the last time we ordered from pizza hut, they got our "delivery" order wrong and said it was marked for carry out, so after i called them up to inquire where my pizza was, we cancelled the order and ordered from domino's instead, who had our pizzas made and in our hands within 20 minutes....and while i prefer pizza hut, i've ordered from domino's every time since then (with mixed results....some of the pizzas were not nearly as good as others had been from the same company... i guess it depends on who makes it, too). When i was near Philadelphia going to a bible college several years back, my friends at school and i always ordered from one particular local pizza place there that was absolutely spectacular....if i found any other place local to me that made pizzas like them, i would know what i'd be eating every day for the rest of my life!

Old 09-08-2009, 12:34 PM

6,514 posts, read 14,776,331 times
Thanks for the... article again?

The latest Facebook update (yesterday) is that they're moving in equipment right now. So I guess the inside is mostly done!!! Yay! I can't FREAKING WAIT for Mellow Mushroom in JC.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,841 times
The Mellow Mushroom as far as I know was going to be demoing and re-building the old El Chico Mexican at the corner of N. Roan and Oakland.... They have a Facebook page and the updates are quite frequent.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:51 PM

Yeah... that's what... this whole thread is about. Um, thanks for the update anyway?

Old 11-18-2009, 06:37 AM

2,163 posts, read 3,964,106 times
Does anyone have a target open date?

Old 11-21-2009, 12:25 PM

80 posts, read 198,408 times
I think Maybe MEllow Mushroom is going in the OLD El Chicos restaurant building....just my educated guess.....

Old 11-21-2009, 06:48 PM

Hey guys, you might want to read the thread you're posting in. Mellow Mushroom is renovating the El Chico building at the corner of Oakland at North Roan. Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol