Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 01:26 PM

34 posts, read 75,595 times

Advertisements

wonder if it's going to b as good as the 1 in ashville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 05:28 PM

7 posts, read 24,909 times
I live a mile or so from the Chattanooga location. What makes this location popular is they have 42 beer taps. (not as many as Taco Mac's 53) But it really drives their business. I hope they follow that business model in JC and pick a spot near the medical center/ETSU. State of Franklin is overrun with too many restaurants near 26 and I think they'd do better starting up away from the high traffic areas so they don't end up directly competing with all the other businesses.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:24 AM

4 posts, read 8,289 times
Default Mellow Mushroom

yeah but i think a location away from school is best because etsu folks will come regardless and you don't want it to turn into a P.R.'s

Old 06-02-2009, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,242 times
Lightbulb Scratch dominates MM no-brainer..

Seriously? What a waste. I've tried several times to enjoy that chain and it's flat out bland. MM does carry local brews.. So cheers for that. But Scratch has this place beat by a MILE. Pick up some scratch pizza and you'll see what I mean! MM won't last in JC.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:00 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
Mmm, lovely attitude there. Scratch is great, so is Mellow Mushroom. I don't like Smokey Bones, but I don't hope for its demise.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:25 AM

608 posts, read 1,707,859 times
I've never had Scratch. That place always looks packed on the weekends. Guess I should try it next time I'm in town, considering the fact that it's within walking distance of my mom's house. My mom said she didn't care for it, but she's not much of a pizza lover, either.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:08 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,622,954 times
Well since there's only room for one pizza restaurant in JC, I guess I'll drive by Greg's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, CiCi's, and Papa Johns and let them know that their services will no longer be needed.

I'm in support of any restaurant that brings something unique to the table. Even if they are not unique, I encourage the investment in our community. Bring on Mel.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:09 AM

507 posts, read 2,295,989 times
Where is "Scratch" located? Never heard of it.
edited to add that I just googled it and now I remember. It was featured on the Daytime Tri-Cities morning show, and I have passed by many times, but never stopped in.
My favorite pizza in J.C right now is Johnny Brusco's New York Pizza. It was delicious!

Last edited by Tnhoneypot; 06-03-2009 at 08:41 AM..

Old 06-03-2009, 08:32 AM

166 posts, read 510,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccrain View Post
Well since there's only room for one pizza restaurant in JC, I guess I'll drive by Greg's, Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, CiCi's, and Papa Johns and let them know that their services will no longer be needed.

I'm in support of any restaurant that brings something unique to the table. Even if they are not unique, I encourage the investment in our community. Bring on Mel.
Oh, there are so many more, too. Johnny Brusco's, Crazy Tomato, Caesar's, Papa Murphy's, Buck's, Fox's Pizza Den, Domino's, Pizza Plus, Mama Mia's, Simm's Pizzeria, Italian Pizza Pub, could go on and on.

A lot of pizza places suck here, and I am not talking about the chains - most of those are crappy anyway. I order from one place pretty exclusively, and always order it the same way, but it is different every time (I'm one of those CRAZY people who like lots of sauce and light cheese) Mellow Mushroom is usually very well reviewed, and I will be excited when they open.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:51 AM

608 posts, read 1,707,859 times
Bailey, now that you list all of those, I'm somewhat astounded by how many pizza restaurants JC has. Wow.

Also, just for the record, I'm a lots-of-sauce-but-not-much-cheese guy, too. In fact, if I ever started a pizza restaurant myself, I would promote "saucepizzas" that are loaded with sauce, but have either no cheese or little cheese. The benefits of that are (a) it's much healthier and (b) it's much cheaper since cheese is the most expensive ingredient on most pizzas.

My plan would be to locate near a college/university and sell 'em cheap! What would could be better than eating $4 - $5 pizza every day? Even if I went with high quality stuff, I still think I could sell at a very low price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol