U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 03:26 PM

20 posts, read 84,260 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know if there is a local dump in or around Kingsport? I've got some stuff that wont fit into my trash can and am looking to take them to a local dump but I haven't been able to find out if one even exists here in the Tri-Cities area. If one doesn't exist, does anyone know what I can do with an old tv roof antenea, a busted up kitchen cabinet, and an old broken ceiling fan? I also have a ton of busted up cardboard boxes. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread. I hope someone out there can give me some helpful advice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 06:45 PM

431 posts, read 1,110,484 times
Default There is one...

You turn off Stone Drive at McDonalds...I cannot remember the name of that road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The name starts with a "B" .

Anyway, make a right at McDonalds on Stone Drive, follow that road about 1 1/2 miles, I guess ? Make a left.

We have taken stuff there several times to get rid of it. There is a small fee.

Maybe someone can be more helpful with the name of the road !

Old 06-07-2009, 08:34 PM

6,685 posts, read 15,235,527 times
You should take the cardboard to a recycling center. Not sure if Kingsport recycles but Johnson City does. You might be able to Google Kingsport Recycling or Kingsport Trash/Dump.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:30 PM

508 posts, read 1,216,346 times
The street (off Stone Drive) at McDonald's is "Brookside Drive". The access to the county transfer station is off to the left on "Brookside Lane" through the commercial/industrial park with another left about halfway in onto "Landfill Access Road". Kingsport's demolition landfill is there also.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:46 AM

7,280 posts, read 19,950,459 times
When you bring something to Kingsport dump there are some rules. You MUST have your load covered. Meaning if you are bringing it in a truck, you must have a tied down tarp (nothing besides a heavy tarp will be accepted) covering the load or they will not let you dump but turn you away until you come back with it covered. I kid you not.
From the first pound up to a ton, the fee is $15 per load.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 PM

431 posts, read 1,110,484 times
Default Yes , that's it...thanks !

I thought of the name of the road after I had left the house this morning. Brookside ! Their rates/rules must have changed since I have been there. Good info mbmouse and Jim37680 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim37680 View Post
The street (off Stone Drive) at McDonald's is "Brookside Drive". The access to the county transfer station is off to the left on "Brookside Lane" through the commercial/industrial park with another left about halfway in onto "Landfill Access Road". Kingsport's demolition landfill is there also.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:23 PM

1,697 posts, read 6,313,513 times
These Kingsport sites accept cardboard, aluminum, glass, paper and plastic:

* all Goodwill stores

* Kingsport Civic Auditorium, 1550 Fort Henry Drive

* Indian Springs Elementary School, 333 Hill Road

* Sullivan Gardens Middle School, 4154 S. Wilcox Drive

* Lakecrest Drive near Ingles in Colonial Heights

* Kingsport Transfer Station, 1921 Brookside Lane (accepts cardboard, glass, paper, plastic, electronic items, motor oil, tires (five per household per day), antifreeze, batteries, propane tanks and paint)

Old 06-08-2009, 06:36 PM

20 posts, read 84,260 times
Thanks everyone for the great info... went and drove by it today to make sure I could find it. I've never been back that way haha didn't realize all that was back there.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 14,211 times
What are the hours the dump is open?

Old 04-23-2010, 10:16 PM

100 posts, read 322,709 times
I dont know their hours but if you are a sullivan county resident the 1st saturday of every month is free dump day, so if you dont want to pay the rediculous charge of 15 dollars try it on the 1st saturday. You might want to call and check with them though because it could be a different saturday since its been awhile since i have been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol