U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 PM

149 posts, read 370,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
That reminds me of the sign in the window at Paul's Mall. If you get stopped just right at the red light, you can read most of it. My favorite line is "The opposite of progress is Congress!"

I love that sign! "WE DO NOT WANT BAILOUTS FOR THE GREEDY AUTOMAKERS!!"
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 05:59 PM

16 posts, read 63,980 times
To get back on thread here, the Food Country Fast Gas on 394 now has ethanol in their gas. I forgot to mention that in a prior post, so the person that was driving up to it can save his/her time now.
Larry
Bristol, TN

Old 06-09-2009, 07:46 PM

20 posts, read 55,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedog View Post
Based on my records for my car, truck, and two motorcycles, my vehicles get better gas mileage using gasoline without ethanol in it. Unfortunately it is almost impossible to find stations selling pure gas anymore. One even told me it was now a federal law requiring ethanol in all gas. To my knowledge the only station in the Bristol area still selling pure gas is Cedar Creek Market on Weaver Pike-at least they had a sign up saying that last week. Anyone know of any other strations in the Tri-city area selling gas without ethanol in it? TIA

Thats because ethanol has about half the caloric value of octane. Anyway, as far as knowing of anywhere that sells ethanol free gas.... unfortunately not in kingsport to my knowledge

Old 06-11-2009, 11:52 PM

7,305 posts, read 24,646,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedog View Post
To get back on thread here, the Food Country Fast Gas on 394 now has ethanol in their gas. I forgot to mention that in a prior post, so the person that was driving up to it can save his/her time now.
Larry
Bristol, TN
That would be me. Well, thats sad to hear. I was going to drive there today to get some in one of my cars that I occasionally drive, but decided to wait until Sunday... glad now I did. Thanks for posting it. Did they have a sign up or something?

Now I wonder where it can be bought in Bristol? From what I am reading on here now, nowhere has it.

Frankly, I think that gas station was the only thing good going for that Food Country... they seemed to sell alot of gas, but there are hardly any cars in the parking lot for inside shopping.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:46 PM

16 posts, read 63,980 times
The only gas station in the Bristol area still selling ethanol free gas that I'm aware of is Cedar Creek Market on Weaver Pike near the intersection of Vance Tank Road.

Regarding Food Country Fast Gas, the 10% ethanol sticker is on the pump stating all grades have it.

From a grocery standpoint, I would agree that the store itself is not impressive from either a selection or price standpoint, but that's off thread.

Larry
Bristol, TN

Old 06-13-2009, 10:15 PM

7,305 posts, read 24,646,562 times
Thanks for that data. I actually live closer to there than Food Country, but thats a part of town thats well out of my way. It may be worth it though to get it in my work car though. Thanks again for sharing.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:45 AM

2 posts, read 6,445 times
Default Gas without ethanol in Kingsport

The Marathon gas at the Ridgefields store on Ridgefields Rd. across the bridge in Ridgefields has gas without ethanol. It has the STP additive but no ethanol. Thanks....

Old 07-06-2009, 10:39 AM

20 posts, read 55,077 times
Update: The small gas station / country convenience store formerly known as "The Apple Shed" on highway 36 between colonial heights and Bobby hicks highway [very near midway deli if thats what that little restaurant is still called] has reopened and now has "Rite Quick" branded gasoline- apparently it has no ethanol. Haven't heard of the gas company before though and i've got my first tank of it checking mileage currently.

Old 07-06-2009, 05:47 PM

7,281 posts, read 19,588,823 times
Good info, thank you!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:53 PM

295 posts, read 668,272 times
In my pickup I run anything with slightly higher octane than used cooking oil, makes no detectable/measureable difference, but in my motorcycle and my convertible it's Chevron's high octane for me. They get some of the best gasoline ratings in the numerous studies I have seen on line about gasoline and the different additives/detergents and for me "the proof is in the pudding" as they say. My bike, especially, runs best on Chevron high octane and they use the same detergent blend in all grades. One long, hot, ride with a tank of Chevron 93 blows the winter fuzziness out of my motorcycle. If I didn't see/feel any difference I certainly wouldn't pay the extra cents per gallon, but...As they say; "You're mileage may vary."
If you are having some sluggishness in any motor vehicle [unpaid endorsement] look for "Sea Foam" at you local auto parts stores and run a can of that through. It has worked well for me over the past decade.
Happy Motoring!

Last edited by NorthernLights; 07-06-2009 at 10:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol