Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 05:09 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

I was on Fl forum and used to love Whole Foods. Here in Johnson City I have not seen anything like it. Any chance they will have a natural fooods/organic foods store?. I hate Wal-mart.

sunnywo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Not sure about the "Organic store" but all the grocery stores have whole organic sections in the produce Dept. There is also the Farmers Market every Thursday and Saturday at the Appalachian fair grounds (Gray) and there are farmers there that are all organic.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 PM

81 posts, read 308,941 times
We have Whole Foods out here so they must be a chain. Maybe you could google it for store locations.....hope it works!

Old 05-03-2007, 06:33 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,803,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
I was on Fl forum and used to love Whole Foods. Here in Johnson City I have not seen anything like it. Any chance they will have a natural fooods/organic foods store?. I hate Wal-mart.

sunnywo
Most naturopathic items are available online, if you can't find them locally. Lou and I only use organic apple cider vinegar, vitamins and minerals. I try to buy beef that has been grain fed, but what I've gotten is too fatty, and not as lean as supermarket. So, we do eat more chicken and fish anymore. Too much hormones injected into our food, as well as the flouride in our water. Not needed, and actually detrimental.

blessings, Shen

Old 05-03-2007, 07:40 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Lightbulb yes-

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenandoah View Post
Most naturopathic items are available online, if you can't find them locally. Lou and I only use organic apple cider vinegar, vitamins and minerals. I try to buy beef that has been grain fed, but what I've gotten is too fatty, and not as lean as supermarket. So, we do eat more chicken and fish anymore. Too much hormones injected into our food, as well as the flouride in our water. Not needed, and actually detrimental.

blessings, Shen

The chemicals are an issue- its not just DDT/on the apples. The beef doesnt taste right to me- I buy the expensive Lauras/but they only have chicken or ground beef. It is hard to find variety.

IMO there is alot to be said for eating fresh and organic- its just hard to find!

sunny

Old 05-03-2007, 07:53 PM

2,071 posts, read 7,680,009 times
Thumbs up organic & local

we'd prefer to eat organic & local......no need to be eating stuff grown 3000 miles away when your friendly local farmer can provide similar stuff.

Looking forward to checking out the farmers markets when we get up there

Old 05-04-2007, 07:15 AM

64 posts, read 243,029 times
Default New book

Barbara Kingsolver's latest book came out this week. She and her family left the arid desert & moved to her husband's family farm an hour NE of the Tri-Cities. They conducted an experiment of eating only home grown or community grown food for a whole year. There is an interview with her on the NPR's website.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 5,562 times
[mod] removed text [/mod]

Also, for general interest, Earth Fare is scheduled to be opening a store on State of Franklin just past ETSU (in the old White's supermarket) in June.

Last edited by Beretta; 04-22-2008 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: removed quoted post that has been deleted for advertising

Old 05-02-2008, 09:56 PM

1 posts, read 5,492 times
Not sure if you've found anything yet since you posted your question a year ago, but if you haven't and for anyone else interested, the best ones I have found in Johnson City are Natural Foods Market 610-1000 and the Health Barn 283-4719. Hope that helps.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:25 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Natural Foods Market in JC is one of the best I have seen. I stumbled upon this store and I am glad I did. It is fairly well stocked and they tell me they will be selling local product as it comes in season. I bought the local honey, delicious, Amish butter, outstanding, and some free range eggs with yolks that are almost orange.
I'll be a regular there in the future.
Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol