Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:07 PM

284 posts, read 758,958 times

Advertisements

If you let somebody borrow your car? Yep, you're responsible. The rest of it? Honestly, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Anyway, I drive the speed limit, so no problems here.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,277 times
Some people, Moderator cut: cut don't understand what freedom is apparently. I'll tell you why we shouldn't use this technology. We first don't need to use new technology just because it's new technology. Big brother has an eye on too much of our lives and I think Bluff city has too little happening in their little town to need to sink OUR money into something that we will ulimately pay for again in the form of a ticket. If Im not mistaken, we pay police officers to patrol that area. Hey, if we're gonna do it lets do it right! Might as well put them things every 1/2 mile till it reaches Johnson City. Everybody treats these cameras the same way. We slooowww down right there before we cross those lines and then, once were far enough up, we sped up again. What a joke. I even saw police sitting to watch and make sure people didn't do this one day. Ha! Defeating the purpose. It's too little of a town to act like we have a problem so bad that we need this expensive ****. There was a warning period where it issued warnings and there were 2,200 or so issued. That should have let them know how people feel about it. Or their lack therof. It's not a conspiracy, it's a facet of freedom thats being stripped away as all of our freedoms slowly are in this country. Maybe we should think about ole buckshot up there and instead of the physical destruction of the cameras, think of what the people of yesterday would have done, legally, to get this point across. No one cares about who governs these laws and no one has any damn courage to stand up and take back what was given to us after the revolution. Moderator cut: cut "Get use to it" ? Why don't we "get use to" losing everything, being restricted on what we can purchase, getting rid of guns, ammunition, and halting the sport of hunting. Just get use to it. Sounds like laziness, sitting back thinking Oh I don't mind or agreeing because your too chicken to speak your mind or stand up for yourself. Let's get real folks. Let's remember what it took to get these freedoms. And let's not lose them just because people [mod] cut [/mod decide their going to just "get use to it" Conformist. I'm a free indevidual and will fight to keep that way till i'm silenced permanently. God Bless.

Last edited by mbmouse; 02-05-2010 at 07:02 AM.. Reason: we discuss topics, not attack/discuss other members

Old 02-10-2010, 01:32 PM

26 posts, read 61,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljay42 View Post
I was driving through the speed camera area one morning last week and the crowd was docile. If you've driven the stretch between bristol and JC in the morning you know there is typically some very aggressive driving happening but in the pack of 25-30 cars I was in, nobody was exceeding the speed limit until they got past the piney flats stop light. Mission accomplished..for about 1 mile of road anyway.

And for you haters, here's an article you'll love:

Arizona May Abandon Speed Cameras on Highways - NYTimes.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljay42 View Post

I'm to cheap to speed...have had 2 lifetime but only 1 in the last 30 years and the cop was simply wrong (and a liar).

Anybody know if the laws pertaining to "tickets" received from these things is the same here as in Arizona? Specifically, if you ignore the ticket they have to serve you in person within 3 months or it's invalid?
Tennessee's process for serving a "civil offense" greatly differs from Arizona.

In case you wish to research this, Legal Resources

Old 03-15-2010, 03:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,043 times
Default Final Trip to Bluff City

The speeding cameras are simply revenue generators for Bluff City. Cameras on a straight road, few entrances, divided four lane; this is no doubt about money. I will not be doing any further business in Bluff City.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:52 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
You might not have a choice. Have you been reading the KTN or the JCP? Bluff City's government is on the verge of collapsing. Some are calling for a system sort of like Blountville to be applied to the area that is now Bluff City, and hand all services back to Sullivan County.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:08 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,622,954 times
The stuff going on in Bluff City is so odd. It COULD be such a nice place to live.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:51 AM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times
Yes it could. The only differences (besides historical) between Bluff City and Jonesborough are in leadership.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:29 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,622,954 times
While I support your protest of the scameras, BMS is in BRISTOL. Bristol is the last of the TriCities to not have the scameras. It seems unjust to punish Bristol for the sins of Bluff City. Further, you can come and enjoy the race and never pass a scamera or support a locality that supports scameras. Just drive in in I81 take exit 69 and never leave Bristol.

Also if you wouldn't mind, pass on your complaint to:

Bluff City: Bluff City, TN
Johnson City: City of Johnson City, TN - City Government - City Commission (http://www.johnsoncitytn.org/index.php?page=335 - broken link)
Kingsport: Board of Mayor and Aldermen | City of Kingsport Tennessee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol