Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 06:29 AM

712 posts, read 1,488,007 times

Advertisements

In Jonesborough, we received about 5 inches of snow, covered in a sheet of ice from all the sleet.

I thank its worth commending the road crews on this one. At least in my area, the roads are significantly better than they were in previous snows. Hope it is similar in other areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 06:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,185 times
Default sorry this isn't related to this thread but I'm new here and can't work out how to start a thread, can anyone help?!

sorry this isn't related to this thread but I'm new here and can't work out how to start a thread, can anyone help?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Well, is everyone ready for the next round of a wallop this winter? Channel 5 is calling for 7" to 10" here in the lower elevations and Channel 11 is calling for 5" to 8", which is it gonna be? They were both saying starting around noon last night, today they are just saying "later afternoon" and both are warning about power outages.
Made the mistake of going to the grocery store last night...was crazy! We got the last package of dog buns on the shelf hahahhaha.
One of the news reports said that Lowe's were out of snow shovels and bags of ice melt early yesterday.
Do y'all think this will be another snow that stays around for 4 or 5 days like it did several weeks ago?
Gonna be an interesting weekend in the Tri-Cities.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:08 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeysteve View Post
sorry this isn't related to this thread but I'm new here and can't work out how to start a thread, can anyone help?!
Go here: //www.city-data.com/forum/kings...-city-bristol/
and click the "New Thread" button on the left of your screen about 1/3 down.

I have also sent you a DM (Direct Message) with this information in it. Welcome to the forum!

Mod note: Since this is off topic this, and the previous post, will be deleted after the new member has seen it.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:58 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Default Jan 2010 snow

Well, we didn't get a beating with the snow like predicted nor as bad as the Dec 18th snow that came down wet and sloppy and really fast that caused such a mess on the roads. This time it came over night and the roads look pretty good..havn't been out, but our mail was delivered just fine and cars going up or down the road seem to be navigating just fine.
However my gnome meeter says there is more snow this time than last.
Dec 18th 2009:

Same gnome Jan 30th 2010:

I'd say maybe 7" or 8" on snow this round. Still snowing on and off so I am going out with the kids to ride sleds down the hill out back, will post more pictures later, to busy playing like a kid myself right now hahahahhaa.

Last edited by mbmouse; 01-30-2010 at 12:47 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 09:12 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Here at my house in South JC, we have a LOT more snow than we did on Dec. 18. How weird, eh? I'd say we have 10 inches or so, maybe a little more. I'm stuck home as I can't get out of my driveway and from the cars I've seen trying to get down my little side road, I wouldn't have much luck trying to get to University Parkway anyway!

Old 01-30-2010, 09:42 AM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Gnome meter! He-he
Looks to be about 5" where I'm at in Bristol, so a little less than last time I think. I can see some patches of grass showing through in my front yard though. I think the wind has a lot to do with that since the snow behind the house looks much deeper. Snow plow just went by so the roads are good.

I don't have to work today! I have plenty of food and toilet paper. I'm good, going to kick back and enjoy the view with a hot cuppa.

Curses! Spoke too soon, just got called in to work because of all the other callouts...

Last edited by DubbleT; 01-30-2010 at 10:47 AM..

Old 01-30-2010, 01:10 PM

Default Snow is fun!

I did it! I went out and played like a kid in the snow for several hours hahahah. First I brought the little girl out (our dog. Besides me, she is the only female in the house and spoiled, so we just call her the little girl.) She LOVES the snow. Runs around like crazy and wipes out on purpose just so she can roll in it. We are kinda mean, we throw snow balls for her to chase, but they disappear on her as soon as they fall into the snow.It is funny to watch her try to find them.

I even went down the big hill behind the house on a sled. I didn't break anything and had a blast with the kids LOL!

We still have snow coming down off and on, but it is not very icy at all here in Gray. Funny, in Dec it was really bad in Gray, not so bad in JC, this time it was reversed.
I don't think we got as much snow as JC either. Maybe 8" or so?

There is a mustang under here somewhere.

After the plow went by it was really piled up on the sides of the roads.

I have some other general snow pictures, but I am gonna post those in the Tri-Cities picture thread.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:27 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
Looks like you had fun, mb. That makes me miss living in the country! I love sledding down the big hills.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:50 PM

Come on over. The kids are back out in it and it is snowing again and really coming down this time. The previous sled tracks are covered back up now hahahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol