Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2007, 03:09 PM

23 posts, read 66,210 times

Advertisements

We will be up in Knoxville next weekend and plan on visiting Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church. We'd like to have lunch and then visit some open houses in the area. Can anyone recommend a good restaraunt nearby to the church? It's on Kingston Pike and Cedar Bluff Road. We'll have our rather picky kids along, so nothing to fancy, but not a Shoney's either. LOL!

Also, someone mentioned on here a restaraunt that overlooks the river. I saw a picture and it kind of sat over the river. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or did I imagine it?

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2007, 03:51 PM

59 posts, read 283,534 times
Calhouns isn't too far. It's on Kingston Pike, maybe a mile from Cedar Bluff, near I-140. Backyard Burgers is next door. I've never eaten there, but I hear it's pretty good.

There is a Perkins, also on Kingston Pike, but a little closer. I've eaten there a couple of times, and it was a cut or two above Shoneys.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:50 PM

13,336 posts, read 39,721,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilFamily View Post
We will be up in Knoxville next weekend and plan on visiting Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church. We'd like to have lunch and then visit some open houses in the area. Can anyone recommend a good restaraunt nearby to the church? It's on Kingston Pike and Cedar Bluff Road. We'll have our rather picky kids along, so nothing to fancy, but not a Shoney's either. LOL!

Also, someone mentioned on here a restaraunt that overlooks the river. I saw a picture and it kind of sat over the river. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or did I imagine it?

Thanks for any help.
There is everything you can imagine at the Cedar Bluff/I-40 exit. All the fast food joints and most every chain restaurant you'd ever want is right there. Between Cedar Springs and I-40 is a road called North Peters Road. If you go west, you'll hit some of the fancier chain restaurants (Carrabba's, Outback). If you go east, you'll hit some less expensive chain restaurants (Fuddruckers, Panera). Also at the intersection of North Peters and Cedar Bluff is Puleo's, a wildly popular, locally owned casual restaurant. Just north of I-40 is Cracker Barrel.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:20 PM

31 posts, read 134,917 times
Here is a restaurant guide for in Knoxville
Knoxville Restaurants Directory and Guide - Best in Tennessee

I have no affiliation with that website at all. Just looked like a great guide to restaurants in Knoxville
Barry

Old 06-30-2007, 07:56 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,341,090 times
Note to OP: Calhoun's also has a location on the river down near Neyland Stadium and that is prolly what you saw in the picture. They do have a location closer to Cedar Springs that another poster mentioned at the corner of KP and Pellissippi Parkway, it is around 10000 or so KPike. Welcome to Knoxville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: