Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 08:23 AM

15 posts, read 49,958 times

Advertisements

We are concidering moving to the Knoxville area(not in the city) more near the mountains.Hubby works here for Chrysler, Dodge dealership is there any there? And how big is it?
Next question,
What about disablity,is there any insurance programs that work medicare,like here Humana Gold Plus helps with going to the doctors and test.

I know this is odd to ask but how nice are the people there,reason, here every one seems to be uptight(north florida)

Could any one tell me which areas are still not crowed and decent drive to knoxville.

We are both older and have no kids,
Hope every one is having a nice weekend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2006, 08:40 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
Yes, there are those car dealerships and they are huge. They are all on what is called the "Air port motor mile" it is in Alcoa, which is south of Knoxville. That area is nice and the people are nice too...MUCH more laid back than FL....some people say TOO laid back. hahahahahha TN has Tenn Care that supplements disability if you qualify. The Alcoa area or off of the John Sevier Hwy has some really nice area that you might like and that is a straight shot drive to the Motor mile.
Hope this helps! email me if you would like some links to the area.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:04 AM

661 posts, read 2,895,607 times
Default Knoxville?

There are also quite a few dealerships on Parkside Dr. in west Knoxville. Though they seem to be all high end, they may include what you're looking for.

As far as where to live, I recommend the Clinton/Oak Ridge area. My husband and I are at the same life stage - just us two, with kids out on their own. We really love it here. It takes me 15-20 minutes to get to Knoxville, but there's plenty of close shopping for everyday necessities. It's quiet and very pretty. Melton Lake and Norris Lake are closeby. The people here are very friendly. We came from New England, so it was kind of a shock, in a good way. I think the people in Tennessee are its best kept secret. They're like nobody I've ever met and we've lived in many places.

There are many areas around Knoxville that could have what you're looking for. Happy house hunting!

Old 08-19-2006, 10:00 AM

15 posts, read 49,958 times
Default Thank you

Thank you both for your time for answering my questions,with the information you both gave is very helpful.

Old 08-19-2006, 01:41 PM

408 posts, read 1,977,351 times
South Knoxville is very close to the Mountains and near the Airport Motor Mile. It has probably been the least congested area of town because there isn't a lot of shopping and all out there, but it is growing.
I would say if there are any people who are up tight it would be on the West side because that is the 'rich' side. My mom works out that way and some people (of course not all people out there are like that) are uppity out there. There are always going to be some people who think they are better than others, but as a whole I think the whole area is more of friendly vibe.

Old 08-20-2006, 09:13 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
We are concidering moving to the Knoxville area(not in the city) more near the mountains.Hubby works here for Chrysler, Dodge dealership is there any there? And how big is it?

When you find a city/town you like, use Google or Yahoo search engines, type in "yellow pages" and select your town then look for nearby Crysler/Dodge dealerships in that town's book. Plug those addresses into Mapquest to get an idea of where they are on a map. You can use those same online yellow pages to see if your favorite restaurants and stores are in the area.

Or, you can go to Chrysler's home page, select "find a dealer," type in a Knoxville zip code (I used 37901) and it gives you a list of the area dealers, not just the ones in Knoxville. It returned a list of 10 (in Alcoa, Oak Ridge Lenoir City, to name three) of which only 1 was actually in Knoxville. Then you can research those towns to see if you want to consider living there.

Old 08-21-2006, 10:32 AM

44 posts, read 187,119 times
Burgin Dodge
Cogdill Dodge
Thomas-Hill-Burgin Dodge
Lane Chrysler
and many others in the area. Cogdill is next to the entrance to my neighborhood. I've bought 3 trucks from them over the years.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:01 PM

45 posts, read 250,251 times
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Of Lafollette
830 Jacksboro Pike
La Follette, TN, 37766
PH: (423) 566-1882

In Campbell County, about 30 miles northeast of Knoxville. Lots of health care there, too, as well as very inexpensive housing.
Cheers,
Magster

Old 09-20-2006, 12:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,167 times
My wife and I live in Lenoir City Tennessee. It is only minutes from Knoxville and the people are still a good friendly hometown environment. It is starting to sprout commercially and residentially. There are a few Dodge dealers in the area. There are several retirement communities developed and currently developing. Check it out for more information.

Old 02-23-2008, 10:55 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,387,747 times
Welome from Knoxville. Knoxville is sourrounded by several places that meets our desciption. In addition to the motor mile, Lenior City has a dealership, also Anderson county, and Jefferson county, and Knoxville has 3 fairly large dealership, in Lane Chrysler, Cogdill Dodge, and also Burgin Dodge on Clinton Hwy, which is also in Knox, right off 1-75. South Knoxville is great, but I do not agree with the statement about less traffic. So, come down and tour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville