Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 08:49 PM

24 posts, read 59,972 times

Advertisements

Hi, everybody. Long ago I posted a thread called "Homesick for Knoxville, Now Living in Florida." I am finally finding my way back home to Knoxville and am glad that my seven-year sojourn to St. Petersburg, Florida, will be coming to an end. I am finally at peace again. Thanks to all of you who read and responded to my previous thread.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 PM

374 posts, read 945,581 times
Welcome home

Old 01-10-2011, 09:08 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
I remember you. Absolutely. We will be happy to have you back home.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:28 PM

901 posts, read 2,387,012 times
Well I don't know who you are, but I think it's awesome that you're making your way back. Good for you! I know Knoxville has a way of finding its way into a person's heart. I don't live there, but I'm familiar with the area, having been there quite a number of times. It quickly grew to feel like home in my heart, and I think I've decided I would like to make my way there very soon....hopefully this year....and maybe find some peace in my soul as well.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:17 AM

851 posts, read 2,458,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl A. Koski View Post
Hi, everybody. Long ago I posted a thread called "Homesick for Knoxville, Now Living in Florida." I am finally finding my way back home to Knoxville and am glad that my seven-year sojourn to St. Petersburg, Florida, will be coming to an end. I am finally at peace again. Thanks to all of you who read and responded to my previous thread.

Well good for you. Welcoe home,I'm so happy for you. When are you making the move?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:55 AM

24 posts, read 59,972 times
Hello, everybody, old friends (TN Gal Now and Hiknapster) and new friends (insightofitall and Florida to Niota 2010). I appreciate your messages so much. Despite seven years being away from Knoxville, it never ceased being my home even though I wasn't even born there. I was born in Wisconsin, and my education and jobs took me to Iowa, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Florida. Having lived in so many places, I think that I am well qualified to say that Knoxville is home, and--I'm sorry to be so corny--there's no place like home. I'll update you as my move progresses. I appreciate your all taking an interest in me. Thank you so much.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:01 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,268 times
I remember your thread from long ago. You go girl! Welcome home, glad you found a way to make the move.
Wishing you all the best,
Pam

Old 01-11-2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl A. Koski View Post
Hello, everybody, old friends (TN Gal Now and Hiknapster) and new friends (insightofitall and Florida to Niota 2010). I appreciate your messages so much. Despite seven years being away from Knoxville, it never ceased being my home even though I wasn't even born there. I was born in Wisconsin, and my education and jobs took me to Iowa, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Florida. Having lived in so many places, I think that I am well qualified to say that Knoxville is home, and--I'm sorry to be so corny--there's no place like home. I'll update you as my move progresses. I appreciate your all taking an interest in me. Thank you so much.
You are going to be surprised. Knoxville has progressed a lot. Usually, that is a bad thing, but in this case it is a great thing! Downtown has been tastefully restored and is hopping. I've been here five years and the difference is astounding. You are going to LOVE it!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:41 PM

901 posts, read 2,387,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
You are going to be surprised. Knoxville has progressed a lot. Usually, that is a bad thing, but in this case it is a great thing! Downtown has been tastefully restored and is hopping. I've been here five years and the difference is astounding. You are going to LOVE it!
THAT'S what I was hoping to hear. I actually haven't been to Knoxville in over 10 years, so I'm really excited to hear that downtown is doing well. I can't wait to get back there for good.

Whatever happened to the plans for a new office tower I'd read about a few years back? Is it on hold, or has it been canceled?

Old 01-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
THAT'S what I was hoping to hear. I actually haven't been to Knoxville in over 10 years, so I'm really excited to hear that downtown is doing well. I can't wait to get back there for good.

Whatever happened to the plans for a new office tower I'd read about a few years back? Is it on hold, or has it been canceled?
Last I hear, there was a 21-story tower planned that is now dead and a 15-story project that is now on hold, pending an economic upturn.

We were suppose to get an Urban Outfitters, but the company has halted any expansions at this time. Also, S&W Grand was beautifully restored and opened, but recently closed. I think that was more due to uneven food and an unclear direction on the owner's part, more than the fault of Knoxville.

Considering the economy, though, the downtown area looks great. When I first moved here in 2005 it wasn't too happening. Not that I am some hip individual. I'm heading toward 50 and quite boring. But there wasn't too, too much going on although it looked like an awful lot of restoration was already taking place. Now downtown looks great. For a little city that seems more like a very big town it has a lot going for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville