Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,303 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I are seeking employment in the Knoxville area. We're pretty set on living in Seymour close to my parents (main reason for relocating). Driving up to ~25min would be ok to work. He has a great job here in Jackson, MI working for the State of Michigan in security at a facility for the criminally insane and prior to this years in the mental health field as a residential aide.
Money is necessary to make a living of course but our desire is to be near family and forfeit the high paying job here. We have began the sending out resumes/applications to area employers hiring but wonder if anyone knows of anyone hiring that is not posted online?
Getting to Tennessee has been our focus as of the last couple weeks in job searching. We fell in love with the people, the scenery, the weather...we are merely waiting for God to open and close doors regarding employment opportunities.
Presently, I am a freelance writer and also my first love, a stay at home Mama. We are not opposed to my working full-time until my husband finds something as I believe I could possibly find something higher paying quicker than he in the administrative field. I have extensive administrative experience and was a wedding event planner/manager for a local castle (yes, castle! ) in Michigan for about 2 years as well. Would also be open to working for a newspaper or something similar in the writing field.
Here's to hoping to live in the (warmer) south soon! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville