Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 08:36 AM

4 posts, read 9,084 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My family is coming to town for Boomsday and they are bringing their dog. I am looking for pet friendly activities that people will also enjoy, preferably West of campus/downtown. We need something to do from noon until 7pm, when we'd head downtown for the fireworks... A group of adults and a dog (no kids), so a park may be fine for a lunchtime cookout, but wouldn't keep us occupied all day...

Also, any recommendations for dinner? The only pet friendly restaurant I found outside of the downtown area is Soccer Taco on Kingston... a great restaurant, but I'd like to offer my family a few choices, if possible.

Any ideas? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 09:25 AM

84 posts, read 177,182 times
I would recommend visiting the KnoxDog's website (http://www.knoxdogs.com/pet-friendly-places/ - broken link) (Knoxville's dog magazine). They have a list of pet-friendly places, shopping as well as dining. We do have quite a few dog parks so there is always that option. Also, be advised that they do not allow pets at Boomsday, near the vendors and what not (it says so here). There are always police officers around and if you are caught, they will tell you just that. That being said, I always see people with pets at these events so I don't know exactly how they get by without getting caught, aside from the overwhelming amount of people.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:43 AM

Smile Thanks, CaitlandRenee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitlandRenee View Post
I would recommend visiting the KnoxDog's website (http://www.knoxdogs.com/pet-friendly-places/ - broken link) (Knoxville's dog magazine).
I wasn't familiar with this resource, thanks for sharing it with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitlandRenee View Post
Also, be advised that they do not allow pets at Boomsday, near the vendors and what not (it says so here).
I was wondering about that, but had assumed the same. The dog will be leaving (with part of my family) when the rest of us head over to the fireworks, so we should be okay. A great reminder for others though

Old 08-26-2011, 10:06 AM

469 posts, read 1,175,092 times
Most places on market square allow pets on the patio, and there is a dog park very close at the corner of central ave and summit hill dr

Old 08-26-2011, 12:31 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
These two resources will give you everything that you need and then some. There are far more restaurants that allow dogs than you realize.

Pet Friendliest Community | Home

City of Knoxville - DOGS ON PATIOS

By the way, The Plaid Apron accepts dogs and is in Seqouyah Hills, just west of town. There is also a park in that area. There are a lot of dogs that go off-leash all though it is not technically allowed. I also don't know if they will be open Labor Day. Call ahead.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:40 PM

Thank you calvinbama and hiknapster!

I'm hoping to avoid the crowds for as long as possible, so we probably won't go anywhere downtown on Sunday, but the "Dogs on Patios" link is a great resource for dinner options and I'll do some research on The Plaid Apron as well.

Any suggestions for a place we could go or an activity we could do that isn't a park (we're happy to drive as far West as Campbell Station Road to find such a place/activity)? I'm sure the parks are very nice, I just don't think that one could hold our attention all day long... Thanks again!

Old 08-26-2011, 05:22 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
You might be better off going downtown. Dogs are welcome almost everywhere and then you will beat the rush to find a parking space.

City of Knoxville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville