Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 06:49 AM

383 posts, read 918,951 times

Advertisements

Not a fan of McAllisters. I have eaten there and find the food just ok. Haven't darkened their doorway in a couple of years now but generally speaking I was terribly under-whelmed when I did visit in the past.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 10:57 AM

345 posts, read 922,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Went to Don pablos over at eastown mall. This is the only mexican restauraunt that you know what your going to get (quality wise). For a chain they do a good job, have good service and decent food. Seems like most mexican places ive been to lately (other than pablos) are just not that great, still looking for a really good one.
I don't know about Knoxville proper. I do know about El Paso in Sevierville. We go there alot. Love it!

It's one of the few mexican restaurants I've been to that is consistant. We really enjoy their salsa bar; always a little treasure on there we haven't tried and end up falling in love with. I like that it's not a chain, it's just a small town mexican restaurant.

I have never had a bad meal there. We always run into someone we know locally there; so that just shows me how much the locals enjoy it. Good service always as well as being a clean place. That's so important to me as I get older.

It's kind of tucked in to the shopping plaza by Staple's. I don't know if many tourists know about it...which is nice.

I've always wondered in that little place on Asheville Highway is any good. I think it's called Habenero's?
Maybe I need to check it out...

Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 AM

358 posts, read 999,526 times
Love Chuy's chips and salsa. Use to go to La Palma but only go now when someone insists as I find their food lukewarm and everything is served at different times. I can tell food comes straight from the microwave as I've gotten mine cold in the middle before. I like McAlisters but we also go to Newk's. Downtown Grill has good food but is awfully loud if you want to chat with people at your table. I like French Market for a casual outside brunch on nice days.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:29 PM

383 posts, read 918,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inave View Post
Use to go to La Palma but only go now when someone insists as I find their food lukewarm and everything is served at different times. I can tell food comes straight from the microwave as I've gotten mine cold in the middle before.

Tough for them to nuke fajitas and of course fajitas all come out on the same grill so maybe we just get lucky eating what the wife likes. ;-)

Old 05-27-2013, 09:34 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Dancing Bear in Townsend. Wow...

Old 05-28-2013, 09:38 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Dancing Bear in Townsend. Wow...
Darn! I was just in Townsend, yesterday. We did have great soft-serve ice cream at the BurgerMaster, though!

Let's talk about Chop House. It use to be great but for the past few it seems to be lacking. We went to the one in Pigeon Forge, yesterday, and it was very lackluster. Such a shame.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:38 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,357,007 times
We ate at the Bistro at the Bijou last night located on Gay St downtown. The food was really delicious and the server was very kind. The prices are quite reasonable and the menu is different from the usual franchise establishment.

Vegetarian friendly, which is a plus for us. They have meat centered entrees as well for those who enjoy them.

http://www.thebistroatthebijou.com/

Earlier this week, we ate at Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint. It's in the new Northshore Town Center at Northshore Dr and Pellissippi. It's like Qdoba, Chipotle, Salsaritas, where you tell them what you want on your pizza as you go down the line. They have a lot of good options and the variety is enough to please everyone. It's a good price as well. It's their first location in Tennessee.

http://unclemaddios.com/

Old 06-13-2013, 10:13 AM

While on a mini-vacation in Pigeon Forge, we ate at:

Ruby Tuesday- (Sevierville) -630 Winfield Dunn Pkwy

The salad bar here is amazing. They have everything you could ever want on a salad. I'd go back just to get it. This restaurant is vegetarian friendly and the menu is quite extensive with many options for everyone in the group to choose from. The service was really great as well.

I hadnt been to a Ruby Tuesdays in a while, so I'm glad my sister suggested it. It's a local company so that is a good thing to support as well.

Ruby Tuesday

Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM

345 posts, read 922,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSUAccountingGuy View Post
While on a mini-vacation in Pigeon Forge, we ate at:

Ruby Tuesday- (Sevierville) -630 Winfield Dunn Pkwy

The salad bar here is amazing. They have everything you could ever want on a salad. I'd go back just to get it. This restaurant is vegetarian friendly and the menu is quite extensive with many options for everyone in the group to choose from. The service was really great as well.

I hadnt been to a Ruby Tuesdays in a while, so I'm glad my sister suggested it. It's a local company so that is a good thing to support as well.

Ruby Tuesday
I have a question...here's why. I am not trying to be offensive, but the last time we ate at a Ruby Tuesday's (in Dandridge) it just was dirty to me. We were there for lunch, ordered appetizers and started checking things out. We ended up paying for our app's and leaving. I went to wash my hands and I won't share what I saw but it was not good. So, I'm curious, was the Sevierville location clean?
The glasses they brought our waters in at the Dandridge location looked filthy. We asked for another glass, stating they looked unwashed, and were brought two more that looked the same. LOL. Kind of like their dishwashing machine wasn't working or didn't have Jet Dry, know what I mean?

They do have the best salad bar I've ever been to! Such great choices!! Rye croutons are awesome! I have to admit that I miss going there. It's good to know the staff was friendly too. We used to go to the one in Ohio that we lived near and I never had a bad meal there. I would like to go back sometime...just for a big salad!

Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM

It seemed clean to me. I didnt go to the bathroom, so cant comment on it. The rest of the place seemed good though. You should try it there since you live nearby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville