Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:29 AM

28 posts, read 66,311 times

Advertisements

Not authentic per se, but I have been pleased both times we have eaten there. The service was good, the dishes tasted fresh with real herbs. I love that their entrees include salad. I did not think the food was overly greasy at all. Portion sizes were bigger than Pei Wei and the atmosphere is nice but still family friendly. We had the coupon that came in the mail, which was a nice touch.

I have seen Little Bangkok and wondered... based on previous post I will need to try it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 07:32 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
For Americanized Chinese I love Chef Ben in Fountain City. It's the closest I've found to Americanized Chinese that I grew up with in the northeast. Super good and super cheap. Small establishment, too!

I will have to check out Golden Dragon. My ex use to eat at the Mexican place in that plaza and I always wondered how that Chinese joint was.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:32 AM

42 posts, read 59,384 times
Ate at Chuy's - wasn't terrible but wasn't good either. The son and wife split fajitas for two (their go to meal at most mexican and tex-mex places) and neither was pleased. Tortillas were cold and floury, meat was over tenderized and had the texture of hamburger, and the service was just ok.

We paid the tab and a Manager provided two certificates for dinner for two so we'll give it another shot.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:35 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,356,100 times
We're going to Sunspot (can't wait) and the new Zoe's Kitchen this week. Has anyone here been to Zoe's yet?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSUAccountingGuy View Post
We're going to Sunspot (can't wait) and the new Zoe's Kitchen this week. Has anyone here been to Zoe's yet?
No, I haven't. I try not to go to chains that often but this one looks pretty good. It is kind of disappointing that they don't really have Greek specialties on the menu, though.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:16 AM

610 posts, read 1,623,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awh2010 View Post
Not authentic per se, but I have been pleased both times we have eaten there. The service was good, the dishes tasted fresh with real herbs. I love that their entrees include salad. I did not think the food was overly greasy at all. Portion sizes were bigger than Pei Wei and the atmosphere is nice but still family friendly. We had the coupon that came in the mail, which was a nice touch.

I have seen Little Bangkok and wondered... based on previous post I will need to try it!
Just ate at Wok Hay Saturday night with my family...we all agree it's pretty good.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airen123 View Post
Just ate at Wok Hay Saturday night with my family...we all agree it's pretty good.
They just closed the one at the Merchant's exit. They are now down to one location. I never tried it. I didn't have much hope since it seems that anything Ruby Tuesday is involved with seems to fall through. Good to know!

Old 08-13-2012, 06:35 PM

283 posts, read 899,809 times
We come to town about once a week. Last was Cracker Barrel by Merchant's for breakfast. Good oatmeal and service. Then, Taj on Kingston Pike for the lunch buffet. Love the atmosphere there, and the food is good, too. Week before, we went to Sitar. I like their food a little better, but the atmosphere is meh.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:12 PM

191 posts, read 307,956 times
Suffering, please let us know if Chuy's improves. I had high hopes.

We had dinner at Bangkok last night. It's our neighborhood Thai place and we enjoy it as such - a good casual place to relax.

I'm keeping an eye on the Zoe's Kitchen in Turkey Creek. My daughter tells me that the servings are smallish and it's a good 'girls' lunch' place. Sounds like my husband will be heading for Calhoun's instead.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:01 AM

344 posts, read 427,581 times
Nama sushi bar downtown. Great sushi, great vibe downtown/market square area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville